Chapter 40

"Fuck," I groaned, leaning my head against the wall.

Cold.

It was cold.

But my head hurt so much.

I kept my eyes squeezed shut and pulled my legs to my chest. The concert scrapped against my bare legs.

Concrete?

My toes curled.

It was so cold.

My head hurt so bad.

I could feel my hair tangle as I moved my head around against the wall. Doing anything to make the pain go away.

It wasnt unbearable. I've dealt with worse. But it still fucking hurt.

  "You're awake," an all too happy voice spok, I jumped.

I wasnt awake. I had fallen back asleep. Now, I was awake.

My heart lurched.

There he stood. He wore dress pants, a button up white shirt, and matching his dress pants he wore a blue suit blazer. He had those fancy dress shoes shined to perfection.

I kept my face cold. He didnt need to know my heart was pounding out of my chest and my breathing was beginning to quicken.

"My, you've gotten even more beautiful,  havent you?" His voice was smooth but rough. An aging kind of rough.

The top of his full head of hair had now turned a mix of honey brown and grey. His beard was a mix of the two aswell. Wrinkles marked their rightful place under his eyes and in the corner of his lips.

"God, you got old." I spit out, my revolution to him clear.

He frowned and his eyes set in a glare. I remember he was always so keen on looking young. Time wasnt in his favor.

"What a shame time didnt stand still in your thirties, huh? Aging doesnt look good on you. Did you try to sucker some werewolf into biting you for immortality?"

He glared harder and his nostrils flared.

Werewolves weren't immortal.  And you have to be born not bitten. But I was sure Hugo didnt give him much information about their kind.

"Well, Dollface.  That shirt does look good on you. Your little boyfriends, hm?"

"Sweater, dumbass." I corrected.

My sweater, Adrian's sweater.

I glanced down.

The events of last light slowly melted into me. Few at a time.

It had been three days with nomore leads. Adrian was doing everything he could to find him. To kill him. And anyone human or not who was helping him.

"He hurt my girl. Mine. Now hes got my kind tied into his buisness!?"

He broke his phone. Crushed it with one hand. Like a pencil. Easy.

Luke had been running around mad trying to get different type of men to pass the boarder. Adrian, Damine, and Luke couldn't or they'd get recognized.  After the first four men never made it back or called in, Luke called it off. Adrian had been calling in friends to come down and help.

"Are you an idiot!?" I questioned, pushing hard against his chest. He staggered back.

I pulled him out of the Welcoming room before anyone mentioned leaving to the meeting room.