Chapter 27

Shootout to: @Africanandproud (good name btw) for being the first vote! Thank you! And thank you all for voting, reading, commenting, you are amazing!!!
______

"We're, we're mates."

He didnt say anything about my statement, he only took a cautious step forward.

I continue turning and flipping the object in ny hand. "Mates. Soulmates. For werewolves. Mate bond, that's what the electric feeling is. That's what the safe feeling I get around you is. Thats the, this pull I feel towards you is."

He nods his head, runs a hand through his slightly wet hair. "Who told you?"

"Nobody. I snuck out to the library one night and stumbled upon the book. I didnt read much, just the main bit."

He nods and sits beside me. "You, you can -" his Adams apple bobs "Reject me. If you don't want this -us. I, I'll except it."

He struggled getting the words out. And even then, the words are soft. I shook my head, a soft smile on my lips as I stare into his captivating orbs. "No, I'd like for us to try. To try us."

A smile breaks onto his face, an award winning smile any girl would swoon over.

"But, I've got to tell you something." His smile drops into a serious look, nodding.

I didn't know how to tell him. What his reaction would be. But I want to start an us. I would like to give Adrian and I a try. But I couldn't risk him finding out and leaving. I could risk me telling him now, before an us. And if he left, then he leaves.

"Just tell me, El." His voice was soft and soothing. Something I could listen to for years. His warm hand gently wrapped around my waist, assuring me.

I took a deep breath before speaking.

"Jace and I were adopted when we turned thirteen. It was good, a single father. Good for the first two weeks. He, he-" I sighed, trying to find the words. My eyes locked on my lap. "He told us 'Youre gonna make me a lot of money''. He sold us out. Men paid a lot, and he gave them me. Men paid him so they could fuck me. I was thirteen." It was a whisper, it was broken. I hated it. But Adrian seemed to hate it more. His jaw clenched, his arm around me tightened, and he growled lowly.  But I continued.

"Henery's dad. That's who it was. I was the most asked for, people paid the highest for me. We didn't leave until we were eighteen. The previous gangleader got us out, that's why we joined the gang; they were family. He had paid to see me, he was close friends with the bastard. When he did, he snuck Jace in and got us out of that place. Years later here we are. I haven't had sex since, I haven't ...done anything since. I haven't been back there, I haven't seen him, nothing. I blocked out a few memories. Thats why i had to do the Memoria. I knew I had to help Henry, get the other people out."

"Other people?" His voice was tight, his teeth were clenched I knew that much. But I refused to look up.

"Three other girls, two other guys. Bell, Tee, Sam, and Jaden."

He only nodded.

I continue to spin the object in my palm, attempting to distract myself.

"I had made a bet with Tyler, the now gangleader. He had mentioned you being some scary business man nobody wanted to fuck with. And, well, I like challenges. So we ended up betting that if I could break into your building and steal your pen without getting be-headed by your goons then I get outta the gang. If I lost, nothing would change, id stay in- which I didn't mind." I sighed.

"I wouldn't have met you, Damine, or Luke. Henry wouldn't have found me and I wouldnt be able to save the others, or more. I wouldn't be here either, I'd be dead. I wouldn't have been able to stab Mr.Williams and get away..."

I lifted the pen to him. "This belongs to you."

He smiled, stared at the pen for a moment. The black and gold design shinned from the bedroom light. He shook his head, his arm wrapped safely around my waist left a warmth that spreads throughout my body, sensing waves of weirdness throughout my stomach. His blue beautiful ocean eyes twinkled.

"You keep it. Although it was my favorite pen. You won the bet fair and square, keep it."

"Really?" I smiled at those words. Now I'll forever have something to remind me of Adrian. He nods.

"So, soulmates, huh?" I nudge his shoulder with my own.

A chuckle rumbles through his chest. "Yes, problem with us being bound together for eternity?" A playful smile pulls at his perfect lips. A side of Adrian that was rare, I noted.

"Not really." It was a playful joke...sort of.