Chapter 25

Shout out to @SafiaKhan200 for all the love you've shown for this book and my other, She Belongs To The King. Thank you so much!! @elsieimmaculate for being the first comment and @MzzKitty1995 for being the first vote. It makes me so happy to see people actually reading and liking what I do lol and thank you all for reading, voting, commenting, sharing, and adding to your reading lists/libraries. I had never expected this book to get passed 200, much less 6k!!! Thank you all so much!!! Mwah!
_________

   Adrian's POV: (I really hope you all do not mind the Pov's change in this book, I've been doing it for reasons that you'll figure out or I'll explain later on in the story)

Ella froze in her tracks, her heart rate speed up in seconds. Immediately she was pushed against my back, behind me. I held tightly onto her waist

She was obviously not comfortable around our guest, in the few seconds of only seeing him. And that, without explanation made me get her away from him.

I shielded her with myself, I doubt the guest had even gotten a glimpse of my beautiful Ella with how fast I reacted.

She didn't say anything, but she gulped, her heart rate was so fast it had me thinking it'd jump out of her chest. She didn't hesitate or bother to move from behind me, she stayed flushed against my back.

It angered me that our date was ruined, but this was important matters. I had wanted Ella and I to stay until night fall- so she could truly enjoy the beauty of the pond. But I was mind-linked about our guest.

Henry Kye. I hadn't known him personally. Only heard word around. I can't imagine why he'd be here. But that's what I'm here to find out.

"What do you want?" It was a sneer, a cold sneer that made Ella's shoulders stiffen against my back.

"I need help."

"With?" I stayed in my place, staring coldly and emotionlessly at the dark haired man before me, standing beside the living room chair.

"My father. I need to find him. And I need to find his whereabouts. Where his business is taken place." His words were true. His eyes showed he was in a hurry, a worried hurry.

"I do not know your father nor his whereabouts. I can not help you. You may lea-"

"I'm sorry to interrupt, Mr. Black. But I need Ms. Snows help."

My head turned to Ella as fast as a bullet. She had side stepped me moments ago, now, staring wide-eyed at Henry.

She shook her head, almost franticly. "I-I don't know where he is."

Her secrets that hid behind her beautiful emerald eyes confused me.

Her secrets she hid deep beneath her soul captured me.

"You have to. If, if not then -" she held her hand up, stopping his speech. I wasn't looking at her hand, but her eyes staring at the floor. Hurt. My Ella was in pain in that moment, she stared off in the distance like Jace had done before. Her eyes held so much pain I couldn't imagine how no tears had fallen.

But my Ella is strong.

So strong it hurts me.

Hurts me to see her be so strong she builds up her emotion.

She took a deep breath, tightly closing her eyes as if to wash away her emotion that had betrayed her beautiful eyes. "I'll help." It was a whisper, a soft, broken whisper that made me pull her closer.

It made me want to wrap my arms around her and hold her forever.

"Give him a room, far from my own. Keep two guards with him at all times. He isn't to leave or go unattended without a guard present." She ordered the guard standing beside the living room door. Who nodded and lead Henry, who hadn't stopped saying thank you.

Her authority and bossiness made a smile grow on my face. Shes a perfect Luna. My Luna.

"If you think for a second I'll be letting you help him alone."

She nods, doesn't say anything. Nothing. She leans her head against my chest, taking a deep breath.

"I need to tell you something."

I reluctantly shake my head, "No." My arms wrap themselves around her small frame, holding her close.

As much as i want her to tell me. Shed have to tell me when she wants to, not because she's stuck in a corner. "Tell me when you want to."

She nods her head, not moving from her position and I am delighted by that. "Off to sleep?"

She nods again. "We've got to start tomorrow, Adrian. Sooner the better, please."

I nod, kissing the top of her head. "Okay."