Chapter 22

Thank you all for the love! For the comments, votes, sharing, and adding to reading/lists!!!

"Lei rimane con me." A strong voice fills the room. I recognised that voice as Adrian's.

I stood in the bathroom my hair wet from the shower. Adrian's white T-shirt stopped just above my knees covering the black boxers he leaned me aswell - I rolled then up three times.

I pressed my ear against the door, listening to the other voice, one I did not recognize.

"Il legame si rafforza ogni minuto che voi due siete insieme." The voice was soft and easy going, friendly.

They spoke a foreign language that danced to my ears. One I did not know.

"She will know. In time." Now, Adrian spoke in English. I took that time to open the door, only a foot open.

Both men's heads snapped in my direction. Adrian's eyes trailed down my body, sending fits of warmth spreading through my body like wild fire. The other mans eyes stayed on Adrian, staring confused and surprised.

"You may leave." Adrian's voice was cold, like it is when he speaks to anyone besides Damine, Luke, and myself. It always surprised me how he can shut off and be so cold in only seconds.

But nonetheless, the man bowed his head and left the room. Leaving Adrian and myself alone.

"You speak Italian?"

His eyes widened at my words, as if I had two heads. "You, you know Italian!"

It brought great pleasure to know I can cause him, Adrian Black, to stutter and stumble over his words. But I shake my head, "No. I know what it sounds like though."

He sighs, his hand rested on his heart and shoulders slumped.

"What are you not telling me?" I question, my arms crossed over my chest.

"What are you not telling me?" His question was shot back in ny face, sending my mind into fits of questions and paranoia.

But that quickly went away when he stood, telling me he had Alpha duties to attend and that I'm not allowed to leave.

I sat and watched Netflix killing the time. The thought of being here didn't make me uneasy or wish to escape. I was fine here. I was safe. I felt safe.

  Adrian's POV:

    "So, you're a werewolf?" Jace questioned, sitting infront of me across my desk.

Leaving Ella with the still fresh news worried me, but she seemed so calm about it.

I nod, waiting for an outburst or his disbelief. Maybe even the thought of telling me to go to a mental hospital. I had the Memoria beside me if needed.

But he does known of that, leans back in the black chair casually and shrugs. "Cool."

"I've talked to Ella about it all, I do not repeat myself so if you'd like answers ask your sister. And in exchange, she gave me answers."

"Like?"

I sigh, rubbing a hand over my face and leaning my elbows on my desk. The thoughts of my mate, Ella, in an orphanage. The thoughts of my Ella laying in bed as a child thinking 'Nobody wants me'. How strong she was to shrug it off like it was nothing. Then, anger boils inside me and my wolf growls low. The shit thag happens in orphanages, my Ella had to be there. And hopefully not go through.

"How could my Ella grow up in an orphanage? The both of you. I hate that, I do. And I'd I had a say then, I would've gotten the both of you out- everyone out."

Jace's eyebrows knot together, but I go on.

"And, and join a gang for income?!? That's bullshit!" I took a deep breath, attempting to calm my wolf and myself.

"It's, it's terrible." I finally breath out, running a hand through my hair, tugging slightly.

Now, I look at Jace. His eyebrows raised in confusion, his eyes held sadness.

"Adrian," he began, his elbows rested on his knees and he looks up at me. "We were adopted when we were thirteen."