Chapter 4

Adrian's pov:

  When the door closes I glare at Luke, who puts his hands up in surrender. "I only got her number to track her phone, find out where she lives, then you can do whatever with the information"

"I'm not doing anything with the information" I glare and take another drink of my soda.

"Why not?"

"Because she can do whatever she wants to do, I have no need for her"

"She's your ma-"

"Don't say that!" I snap at him, he closes his mouth and I sigh.

"She isn't. She can't be. It makes no sense"

He pats my shoulder and sits in the chair by my desk, "What does your wolf say?"

"That she's my mate" I mumble irritation clear in my voice.

"Then she is" He chuckles. I grunt and put my head in my hands.

"He hasn't spoken to me in years since you know. It's weird when he randomly talked. This is not supposed to happen. She is not supposed to be my mate. She's human. She can't be and all of this is false. My wolf is mistaken and he isn't in his right mind" I ramble, cursing myself for sounding like I'm crazy.

  I am in my right state of mind, you idiot. She's our mate. You will get her number. You will talk to her. You will be nice. You will love her. She will love you- but me more. And you will be with her. She will be Luna. She will love you, and you will love her. You will mark her and claim her as ours. Even though I already did...Mentally. Anyways, she will be ours forever. You are not ruining this. My wolf, Derrick, says, the last part he growls it out.

I roll my eyes in annoyance.

"I'm thinking of giving her a job here" Luke speaks up, typing away on his laptop.

I knit my eyebrows in confusion, "Why?"

"Ella Snow, she purposely had every record of herself erased. But, me being my awesome self can get through it and figure out who she really is" he smirks to himself, proud that he has found something out about her.

"Why do you want to give her a job?" I ask again, he rolls his eyes.

"She took down two of our top security guards with just a rag. She had not one bruise, red mark, or scratch on her when she did it. She figured out our maps, yes a web search could do that but her and her brother knew exactly who would be on each floor and how to get on that floor with ease. She somehow managed to get information into the meeting- the private meeting, might I add-, she managed to get information off of your assistant and the desk lady. Not only them but David and Mr. Jones. She's either a damn good hacker, a spy, or just knows how to get shit out of people. She can step up our security and help with the building's security. Not only that but help us get information on rival businesses or packs" he explains and catches his breath.

  I stare at the wooden floor for a moment, "You want me to give my mate a job. To spy on other packs and risk her life?" I raise an eyebrow and he smirks.

"You called her your mate," he says smugly. I glare at him.

"Give her the job."

"Are you sure?" He asks. I nod my head.

She's our mate, you can't just give her a job that risks her life. Derrick growls.

She is not our mate. It's her life, we'll tell her what she's getting into first. If she says yes then she's risking her own life. I growl back.

You're not getting our mate killed! He growls, louder this time. More pissed.

She is not our mate!

"Yeah."