Chapter 13

Dedicated to *DRUM ROLL* Marshmallow_Bunns For being such a great person and reader! Whilst boosting my confidence along the way!
_____

Ella's POV:

I quickly brush off my skinny jeans and sigh. I can't believe I'm doing this...but something, something pulls me to do it.

I stare at the large building before me. One id forever remember. Before walking in, taking a deep breath.

I ignore the stares of questions and hurriedly make my way to his office, showing my pass as I do.

I swear the corner of his lips pulled into a grin when I pulled the doors open.

"As your assistant. What can I do for you?"

Yes. I, Ella Snow am Adrian Blacks new assistant.

Kill me now.

I did not need his very high pay. I didn't. I had my own money. But yet, id feel hurt if I were to just leave Luke, Damine, and Adrian just up and leave?

It was as if I had some bond with them. As if we were all friends for years, that if i were to leave itd be like leaving friends I've had for years. I've never felt that before. So I agreed to his job offer. That and the boys refused to not give me a job and refused to let me leave. Saying they'd make it their life goal to never get me hired for anyone. Although I had enough money to never get a job for the rest of my life, and a (kind of) job already. So I agreed.

He shakes his head, staring and reading the papers in his hands.

"Are those the files?"

He nods, mutly.

I frown at his simple reply, but noted hes probably just focused. Or maybe that was for my own self confidence...

I ignore my internal eye roll and close the doors, walking behind his chair and peering over his shoulder.

"Can I help?" I was testing my luck with him now.

"No." Was his quick reply, no hesitation. Causing my shoulders to slump. But quickly, I straightened my posture.

"Yes." He says, shaking his head ever so slightly.

I rock on my feet, eyebrows knot together. "Yes or no?"

He holds his breath before speaking. "Yes."

"Okay..."

While he shoves a few files under nearly stacked papers I glance around his office; the same as it had been only days ago.

"Okay. Erm-" his ocean deep eyes travel along the paper as if debating between which to show or tell me.

"Whys the forest plan on here?" I reach over his bolder like body, grabbing a file he had failed to cover.

The picture on top of the file had showed a large area, small marks covering most of the paper that were trees. There was large clearing on the paper, trees surrounding it. The blank pace on the paper had the letters 'BM' scratched in Ink on the blank area.

Adrian said nothing, did nothing but stared.

I opened the file, placing the same picture on his desk he had cleared while moving around the files.

More of the papers were inside, like the first only small features had changed.

"Why are they all forest maps? The forest a by the towns line?"

Surrounding the town was a forest. The actual forest started along the towns line - right where the town began and another were it ended. Both reaching and connecting surrounding the town, like boarder lines.

"I dont know."

I kept placing each peice of paper side by side until they filled his whole table- a few papers laying on top of the papers and files he had on his desk before. His desk was quit large, so it behind filled with almost 27 peices of paper with odd mappings did look weird.

"It's the forest. All the little maps; they all make the forest."

I stare thinking as I look at the now, almost full map. There were too much peices of paper to fill his desk but the ones that did were the center of the forest, the town being the center point.

I stare at the spaces with letters marked in them.

GM.
MM.
WM.
BM.

The B and W had the larges clearing of them all, my confusion deepened. Although, smack in the middle was the largest clearing, 'town' had been scratched on that one. BW was runner up.

"What are the letters for?" I question, glancing at Adrian as he examines the papers on his desk. His dark eyebrows knot in their own confusion.

"I don't know." I did not buy his 'I dont know's for a moment. He did know. And although he was a damn good liar something just felt off when the lie slid of his tongue to me.

Hes hiding something. He knows what the letters mean.

And even though this is not my business, this is not my rivals business. I was officially tied into this mess weather I liked it or not. And now, it is my business to know what ive gotten myself into.