Chapter 17

I sighed, crossing my arms over my chest as I watched Zayne and our men take the packages away from the men.

We had two vans full of men, all with weapons. We had a few other men surrounding Ken- the man delivering- and his men.

It was going smoothly, nothing happening and no risks taken.

"Snow?" A voice speaks from the earpiece in my ear.

I hold my finger against it before replying. "Yeah?"

"There's movement on the other side of the van."

I look around my surroundings. Behind me, are thick threes from the forest. Infront of me are the vans, both mine and Ken's.

Ken and Zayn are marking off the packages as the are placed in the back of our vans from Ken's men.

"They're all here. Whatever's moving isnt our men nor Ken's. He has too much to gain from this to ambush us. Stay clear though, guns loaded and ready."

"Copy that."

"Okay, that's it. Pleasure doing business." Ken shakes Zayns hand, who gives a Curt nod.

A loud gun shot rings through the forest. In a flash I pull my own gun out, facing Ken. Who does the same, to Zayn. Zayn had his gun pointed at Ken's men, who points it at our men. And a full circle.

"Sorry! It, it slipped." One of Kens men stutters out, his face flushing a bright red.

"We have eyes on every single one. Give the word and they l drop dead."

We could easily kill them, saving our men. But seeing as it was a misfire we all slowly lower our guns.

I sigh and turn around, opening the van door and pulling the uncomfortably knife out of my boot, setting it on the seat after telling Danny, the man speaking in the earpiece to stand down.

Hearing multiple twigs snap and branches crunching and snapping I face the forest. Seeing nothing.

"Do you have eyes behind us?*

"No, snow. You told us to watch behind them, you have full view behind you."

I nod but keep my gaze on the woods. "Zayn, finish up here I'm going to look around. Yeah?"

Zayn nods, they'd be done in a few moments and I disappear into the woods, my gun ready in my hands.

I walk deeper into the forest, stepping over a few fallen logs. The forest itself had earing here and there. Which was good, I could see better.

I heard loud thuds and yells back where the men were, followed by gun shots, pointed wildly in the forest.

I, was in the forest.

My first thought was to dunk when the echo of gunshots were pointed to where I stood. To lie flat on the ground.

But that idea was interrupted when I was quickly tackled to the ground, landing on a strong chest.

I didn't look at the stranger, but rather the three gun holes stuck in the tree that was behind me where I stood. If it wasn't for the tackle, I would've been dead.

Then, I look at the stranger, my heart beating in my chest wildly and through my ears. My breathing a tad bit rapid.

Those Caribbean blue eyes started back at me. Wide in panic and soft in releaf.

I stared in the eyes of Adrian Black.