Chapter 10

"What do we do today again?"

"Break into Williams business and sneak into their meeting room. Find out where their next is."

I frown at Luke's short answer.

Right now we're back in Adrian's car- who stayed cold like usual.

"Just follow along with Damine. He'll explain a few things before you two enter but-" Luke's words got cut off by Adrian's stern one.

"You stay. By. Him. At all times."

Glancing at him through the review mirror he seems to be having an internal conflict with himself. I give a confused look to Luke but he does nothing in return.

    "Yes, here to see William." Damine speaks. His once fun and happy voice turning cold and dangerous.

The women smiles at the desk. "No problem Mr. William. Come right this way, I'll have to escort you."

He doesn't smile back. "Hes here?"

She nods slowly, confusion etched on her face.

Damine looks from me to the women, looking crossed between the two.

We're planning to ease drop on their meeting, why did he think he wasn't here?

"Okay. Stay here." He speaks towards me.

Adrian told me to stay by Damine the whole time. And the look he gave meant he meant it. And honestly, I do not want to see the look he gives when it's broken.

But by Damine's expression, I knew he did not want me to meet this Mr. William. And by the look on Damine. A strong, well built, guy who can probably best the shit out of anyone didn't even want to meet this Mr. William. And that, made me not want to meet him.

Damine left and followed the women, jaw clenched along with his fists.

I remind myself to ask him about that later.

I had sat at a little bar beside the entrance not wanting to go too far when Damine gets back. I had debated between going back out to the car but if Damine got back and seen me missing he'd probably think the worst first.

Something had urged me to go back to the car. Specifically, Adrian. That cold hearted man sitting in the front seat. But I quickly pushed those ridiculous thoughts away, laughing at myself.

"Are you from Tennessee?" A man speaks from beside me. He looked around twenty six at most. I noted he was handsome, I'll give him that.

But I turned ny attention back on the empty cup across the bar before getting a good look at him.

Sadly, he didn't take the hint and continued. "Because you're the only ten I see."

I roll my eyes, keeping them traced on anything besides the man. "That's the worst pickup like ive heard."

I see his shoulders shrug from the corner of my eye. "That was plan A."

Plan A?

I knit my eyebrows together, thinking to myself. The same feeling to run back to the car- to Adrian fucking Black - had engulfed my being again. Something was not right. And slowly I asked my second question. "What's plan B?"

I could hear the maniac smile in his voice. "Take you hostage."