Chapter 28

GUYS!!! I need titles for book two of She Belongs To The King!!! I cannot think of any at all and need help! For those of you who have read SBTTK any book title ideas???
_______________

   "It's back at the house, his house. In, in, somewhere- in the back hallway I think there's a secret door. Or a room with one. I, I don't know I was never really allowed out. They always blindfolded me when they took me to the room. But I do know it slid, the door I mean. And it was in the house somewhere."

Adrian had his fists clenched and his jaw was set. He listened to every word that I spoke and with each word he grew more and more angry.

But nonetheless, he sat in the room with Henry and I as I gave Henry his whereabouts. He wrote them all down.

"Okay, this has helped a lot, Snow. Thank you."

I simply nods my head, my gaze fixed on the floor - but watching a fuming Adrian from the corner of my eye.

"Just make sure the others get out." It was distant and I knew that. My mind had been traveling back to that room, to the hall, to the my other room, to that house, to those people, and to him. I was completely distracted and memories of my past had resurfaced from the grave I buried them in; piling as much dirt as I could find on top of them. And now, like zombies from the dead; they're back.

I hadn't realized Adrian had left, that kind of hurt. And i didnt realize when Damine and Luke had came in the office - both standing at the door watching intensely. Henry had left after my last request.

"Em..."

I knew that sound. It was the same sound the other girls and guys would make. Jace and I always had it worse that them.

"Em...I, we-"

"Don't." It was harsher than expected. But as my memories rummaged through to them all, they found the worst of them all. Changing my mood completely. "D-Dont pity me."

I didn't need to look at them to know they're faces held concern. Or maybe, it was the fact that I couldn't. I couldn't drag my eyes away from the wells polished wooden floor, the patterns it held. And I couldn't drag the memories back to their grave. They contuined to sworn my mind, reminding me of everything that had happened to me.

I was pulled against a hard chest, face flushed against the heavenly smell. And easily, my beginning panick attack had disappeared. My mind went blank, only focusing on the warmth, the smell, the comfort, but most of all what I've always needed; the safety.

I kept my face buried in Adrian's chest (I didn't need to look at him to know who it was). My mind finally coming to a rest through out this whole day, finally, I sighed. And he did too.

"Talk about it? Or head to bed?" I already knew the answer to that question.

So we headed to bed. Away from Henry, Luke, Damine, him. Away from the memories that I - oh-so- hated. With Adrian everything disappeared.

Everything.

It was only him and I.

And that scared me.

   It was the next morning. Adrian, Damine, Luke, and I sat in the living room silently eating pizza and half-heartedly watching a movie.

It was an uncomfortable silence that grew more uncomfortable by the minute. I had enough of it.

"Oh my God, just ask!" I threw my hands in the air, a little too dramatically.

Damine and Luke both sighed in a relief. Luke began.

"What the fuck?"

Then Damine very...awkwardly.

"S-so," he scratched the back of his neck. "How, how many people...raped you?" Adrian growled at the words.

"Enough."

My short answer made him nod, I suppose in understanding. So i sighed, wiped my hands on my jeans and explained.

"The first was the worst, obviously. I was a virgin. But that wasn't even the worst part of it. I can remember it. All of it. The second was bad aswell, I can remember it too. After the first four times, I was, I was kind of just numb. Just laid there, staring at the ceiling...I always wished I'd die. So much that I didn't even focus on what was happening...it was like I wasn't even there. I mean, I was there but I wasn't there. Like I was watching it happen instead of me being the person, I guess that's how I copped with it all. I remember after doing that, for awhile. I'd roofy myself..." I trailed off, staring off into the distance of memories. "Just so i didnt have to remember it - or, most of it."

They stayed silent for a moment. Adrian looked as if he could rip someone's head off.

"Why didn't you call the cops and if not then, now?" Like asked.

"Where's my proof? And even then, for what? For him to get four years on probation and no jail time? Or maybe get asked what I was wearing and I should feel confident that someone wanted me? Or get told that that's just what guys do. Yeah, what a great idea."

"Oh...I didn't think about that."

"How old were you? For the first one." Damine asked this question.

"We were adopted when we were thirteen, almost fourteen. Three months after being adopted - I had just turned fourteen."

He nods and hesitates before asking his next. "Who...Who was it?"

I paused for a moment. I wasn't sure why I paused or hesitated, but I did. "Mr. Kye."

"Henry's dad?" I nodded.

"He was the one who adopted us, he was the one who runs the business, he was the one who forced us into that."

"How? Why would be do that to you when, when they would've and he would've been paid?" Luke spoke. He was angered I could see that, they all were.

"He said he deserved the first go. Look, I, I don't like talking about it. Just, any other question?"

"Yeah," Damine spoke, his voice cold and harsh. "When the fuck do we get to kill this bastard?" His question was directed to Adrian.

Adrian's jaw was clenched, his fists were in balls, his eyes didn't look as blue as before. "As soon as Henry tracks him down- he and a few guards are going with him. I would've myself but he'd let his son in the house and 'friends' not a random stranger who has the power to crush him."

That is true. Adrian Black is well known around the state. And Kye was only two towns away.

I stayed silent. Lost in thought. I want to kill him. I want to see him suffer. It might be been cruel and insane- but I don't care.

"We'll make him pay, El. God, that's so fucked up what he did." Damine spoke again.

I nodded.

I had never wanted anyone to know what I'd been through. I had planned on getting everyone out, helping them escape. I just didnt know how. I hadn't wanted Damine to know, I didn't want Luke to know, and I never wanted Adrian to know.

Nothing goes as plan.