Chapter 18

Adrian POV

   We were standing in the forest with Golden Moon pack, George had signed the papers and I signed mine. It was easy and quick, done in a snap. We had discussed most of it over the phone or weeks prior.

Just as Golden moon pack headed back the their territory and us in ours Luke stopped me.

"There are people at the border line of the our territory."

I give him a blank look. "Okay? That's where a back road leads, they can be passers."

"Damine went to check it out, he was on a run close by. They will weapons and drugs. And Adrian, Ella's there. He caught her scent."

I took no time in running towards the border line. I didnt shift like the rest after mind linking a few soilders. If Ella was there I didn't want her to see a giant eight foot wolf. I wanted her to see me. At first, anyways."

Even in my human form I easily kept up with the rest.

   Once the gunshot went off I immediately told my men to attack, knock out not kill through mind link. Ella could be in rouble.

That thought powered off something in me, with my speed I ran ahead of them by acouple feet.

I had quickly have Damine the okay for attacking, knock out not kill. He had told me Ella made a B-line to the woods, he though she might've heard him.

I'm going around the front, they have vans full. You all go around back and circle them from there.

The took no time to spare and reply. Yes Alpha.

We made it in two minutes and I immediately got a whiff of Ella's intoxicating smell. Roses, mints, and rain.

I thought on impulse when the men with guns begin trying to fire at the soilders, Damine, and Luke. The bullets were aimed carelessly into the forest. Us werewolves can easily dodge a bullet. However, Ella can not. So I thought on impulse; to protect her.

I tackled her to the ground, pulling her intop of me ao I take the hit, not her.

She had looked behind her, at the tree. Her heart beat immediately began to pick up pace and her breathing had began to come out shaky. I didnt like the small fear that my mate was feeling. I did not like it at all.

Then, she looked at me and her eyes widened. Her green emerald eyes stare back at me. Flecks of blue shine in them. They held releaf for her life I presume and surprise, by seeing me.

I didn't care that now, I look like some stalker. All I cared was that she's alive. Here. With me.

That releaf was soon replaced by rage when a low growl interpreted the now, silent air. Followed by twigs snapping and leaves crunching. Another growl sounded after that and the quick smell of rouge's follow that.