Chapter 29

Shootout to @baebaby8 for being the first vote!!! Thank you!
_________

"He what!?" Adrian was off the rails- if fuming wasn't a word to describe his anger then I don't know what would.

"W-well, you see...he, he wasn't there."

"Wasn't there?" Adrian spoke through clenched teeth. His eyes gave the weird look again.

"The rest were. He wasn't. They said he knew I found him so he left." Henry spoke, he had taken several steps away from Adrian.

"Where are they?" I spoke up, "The rest of them. Where are they?"

"Mr. Black had told me to bring them here once I found them. They're here."

I didn't bother questioning Adrian, I didnt care. They were here. With me. Well, close enough to me. "Show me. Now."

He looked at Adrian for an answer. Why the fuck would he need an answer from Adrian? Adrian turned his head and nodded at Damine, who stood not too far from him.

"Damine will go with you. I have to discuss things with Henry." His voice was tight. Apart of me wanted to stay and make sure he didnt kill Henry. But I knew I had to go see them.

  "Jace was called thirty minutes after they got here. Just follow me." I followed Damine's stiff figure down the hallway.

"What's wrong?" I question, noticing his stiff shoulders.

He turned his head, glancing at me before looking ahead and turning a hall. "I'd like to beat the fuck outta him. He isn't here, so now I can't."

"Oh..."

"That's really fucked up, I don't know how you can, how you can be fine."

I scoffed at his overstatement. "Who said I was fine?"

He contuined walking down the hall. "No, I mean. I dont know. I mean fine by, how have you not killed yourself? Trust me, it's good that you didnt. I'm saying someone that's been through that shit must be depressed or suicidal. You dont really wanna talk about the situation, so you're not fine. But, you play it off like you're okay. And, and you're strong, El."

It took me by surprise, his words. I never thought of it that way. Yes I was very suicidal. But I didn't kill myself. I didn't want him having the satisfaction. But Damine's words had hit me in the heart. And I thanked him; by giving him a very rare huge. A genuine hug.

"Oh." He was surprised at first, but hugged back with the same genuineness.

  "Damn, you'd think after three years we'd be getting the hugs." Came a female voice.

I took to time in tackling Sam in a hug, before the rest joined in. It wad a reunion, a family. My family.

Bell, Tee, Sam, Jayden and I all sat in the living room of Adrian's home, the large mansion one was the pack house, I gathered.

"We won't ask any questions. El I'd rather calm about most subjects, subjects most aren't. So well refrain the questions for now." Adrian spoke, he stood beside me while I sat in the chair. Lately hr hasn't left my side. And i liked it. But he has things to do, Alpha and business man things to do.

"You may stay at the hotels I own, Like will escort you along with two guards. Who theb will stay with you after aswell. This is not up for debate. After I will assign you to a friend of mine Terry Johnson, who will help you all get new lives and jobs. And Luke will help erase you off of Mr. Kyes grid, you all will be staying guarded at the hotels with whatever you need there until we find Mr. Kye. And El, if it wasn't obvious enough you will be staying with me at all times. If at some point I can not stay with you, you are to be with Luke it Damine."

We all nodded and for once I had no smart remark to add. After. We spent the test of the day catching up on my three year absence.

Apparently he had gone off the rails after Jason and I left. And his business had decreased along with his cash intake, which left him pissed. And when he made a run for it he left everything there. All his workers and partners. He high tailed it out.

Bell, Tee, Sam, and Jaden were all tired from their long day, could you blame them? And decided to leave with Luke around 11pm, Adrian and myself headed to bed after giving our goodbyes and they gave Adrian thank yous. I had been drained from the small reunion and memories resurfacing. It took every once to shove them back where they belonged; six feet under.

I laid in bed thinking over this past two months. It didn't even seen that long! Everything had gone by in a flash. My last caught up to me, giving me more problems. Adrian's secret had spilled and hr seems totally okay with it! Apart of me felt bad that this week's only been about me, I felt selfish. Adrian probably hated hearing about my problems by now. God, what was I thinking?! I shouldve focused on him rather than myself. But everything was so fast. Happening in a lightning of speed. So fast I couldn't even grasp it. And it took everything I had not to remember every once of detail and memories. I began drifting off to sleep. So, so fast...

Little did I know a few days prior would crumble my forcefield of protection I had built around myself...