Chapter 12

Adrian's POV: Yes, you read right.

  I hated seeing that bruise on my mates neck. I hated it with everything I had. Knowing another man had placed his hands on Ella made me and my wolf ready rip out their throat with my teeth.

Knowing that she was alone in that building made my blood boil. Even worse, I couldn't do anything. But I was prepared to barge in there to beat the physio out of him. I was prepared to start a war with Golden moon pack and my own, Blood moon.

I growled just picturing his hand wrapped around her throat.

I had told Damine to keep her close. To make sure nobody touched her. I do understand why he hadn't wanted her around the both of them (him and his father). His father and Damine would start an argument over how Damine is rightfully Alpha. El couldn't hear about the packs- about our kind. That and the little fucker would be eyeing my mate, Goddess knows what hed be picturing.

I wish I could tell Ella all about my kind. Tell her stories after stories. But I cannot. Now is not the right time.

Shes already at steak of knowing about us. Luke and my denial had given her the job. The job that put that nasty bruise around her neck, I growled.

We needed insite on the Golden moon pack - Damine was banned by his father and we had nobody else. Then El showed up in all her glory. I had mentally beat myself up for that- along with my wolf.

I had gotten word that there were a few paedophiles and men and women caused of sexual assault around the Midnight Moon pack and they had asked for me to check it out. I, of course agreed. That's where El came into play.

I mentally curse myself once more for giving her the job - giving her that bruise around her neck and whatever else sworms her mind. For letting that happen. I should've been there to protect her.

Never again. Never again will I let her be hurt by anyone, anything. Never will I leave her side as carelessly as I had done before. Never will I let the chance stumble upon again. Never. Never will I be hard and cold towards her like I had done. I vow that to myself and El.

A small proud smile pulled at my lips. She had gotten away, telling us how she had done so and what had happened once we began driving back to Damine's house.

What a feisty, brave, and strong one. My mate. I'm glad she can protect and defend herself. I'm glad she is strong even when she pretends to be.

Through those beautiful eyes of hers I can see all the emotion hidden beneath them. All the emotion expressions she hides. I'm sure she's noticed I do the same. But for good reason. I wonder what hers is.

I added another vote that night, laying awake after checking on El- asleep on a sleeping Damine. I wished I could lay with her like we had done last time. I wish I could hold her to my chest forever. Although, I knew me being cold earlier telling hers done with the missions, I knew she wouldn't want to Kay beside me. A peice of me envied Damine in that moment, his arm draped over Els shoulder. I knew Damine's carless flirting were only jokes. Damine, Luke, and I are long term friends and I knew he wouldn't do anything to El or pull anything on her.

I sighed, drifting off in peace knowing my mate was safe only a couple rooms away.