Chapter 24

Shout out to: @SafiaKhan2000 for being the first comment! And @ybills for being the first vote! Thank you everyone for voting and showing love it means so much!!!
_____

Ella's POV:

    "Get up, let's go." I groan in protest, throwing popcorn at Adrian's head, hearing a soft scowl from him.

"I don't wanna." I protest like a baby, yes, I know.

He frowns at my statement. Making him look like a little kid after getting denied chocolate. So, I cave in.

"Alright, fine, let's go." I sighed, agreeing to his 'date' he'd planned for the two of us.

I've been in the castle for three days now. I had gotten to roam around with Adrian yesterday and found a few places I'd like to explore further.

My view on Adrian has changed a bit. A bit. He is nice, to me anyways. With people other than our friend group, now including Jace, he is stern and cold. It's strange how fast someone can change due to the people.

Hes treated me good. Great even. He sent someone to buy me clothes that got delivered yesterday aswell. He even has food brought up to the room when I am too lazy to get up. What more can I ask?!

I've felt the...the electric feeling Adrian and I share, more frequently. And stronger? In a weird way, I've felt we've gotten closer. Not by getting to one another or being around each other, but a connection that I can't explain. An invisible string connecting us growing stronger and pulling us closer. Maybe in just fucked up in the head. Doesn't surprise me.

My thoughts got interrupted by Adrian, pulling me after him and out of the room.

   "W-what?" My questions trapped in my throat.

He gave me a confused look. Of course hed be confused. "We're going swimming?"

"Oh. Um, okay, what are we waiting for?" I shrug it off, tugging on his hand and following the path he had lead me on.

It was a small path, almost in noticeable due to the grass, twigs, leaves, and fallen logs that cover most of the path. It was in the woods, behind the castle. Wood surrounded the castle. Although the woods aren't a place to go on a date. I find it perfect.

Adrian's arm was wrapped around my waist, keeping me close to him. The only noise was the twigs snapping under our feet and the soft cheeping and sounds of small animals.

Peaceful.

I loves going outdoors. Outside. At night mostly, the sun setting now made it even better. It gives me a sense of peace.

  "Woah..." We stopped at a clearing. A beautiful clearing!

There was a bright blue waterfall that stopped and fell beautifully into the bright blue- lake? Small ocean? Stream? Pond?

"It's called Crystal pond, it's been here for as long I could remember. They say fairies had made it, added a couple of their magic and poof. Out came a beautiful place." He sits down, on the soft grass. I do the same.

A soft smile pulls at his lips, staring up at the beginning of the shinning, indeed, crystal like water. "I used to come here when I was little."

A smile pulls at my own lips. He had a sense of peacefulness to him, a calming. His shoulders weren't tense like most of the time, his body wasn't stiff and ready for any attack that could jump out of nowhere. He was calm and peaceful. It was a beautiful sight.

He sighs, but his small smiles stay. "C'mon." He stands, brushes off his hands and began pulling off his shirt.

I shamelessly stared at his perfectly sculpted body, ignoring that now, hea stripped to his boxers and stood amused at my very distracted face.

"Right," I cleared my throat, taking off my shoes but leaving everything else on. Adrian's distant eyes stopped me.

His eyes stared blankly at the woods, he'd nod his head slightly before he shook his head, his eyes went back to the electric blue oceans that always captivated my being.

"We'll have to reschedule, darling." He spoke, stern and stiff, trudging his clothes back on.

I quickly do the same with my shoes and stumble beside him, following him back down the path.

"W-what wrong?" I was hoping on one foot, tucking in my shoe laces too much in a hurry to tie them.

He stopped, waited for me to be done, then we contuined walking.

"We have a guest."