Hypothermia

Dani's Age: 17
———————————————————————
Dani's POV:
It was a quiet day in Nashville since i'm home alone so I grab my sweater and put it on, deciding to explore the woods by our house in boredom.

I explore for a while but when I see it's dark I look around to find my way back only to not be able to and it's snowing so my footprints have gone, making me afraid.

I shiver since it's also getting colder the later it's getting, I check my phone to see the battery is only at 1% so I only have enough to make one phone call so I call Lauren.

2 rings pass when she answers. "Hello?" She asks. "L..Lauren, are you home yet?" I ask, shivering from the cold. "Yeah, where are you, are you ok?" She asks, worried now.

"I'm lost somewhere in the woods and i'm only in my sweater." I manage to say. "Ok the others are here to so we'll come find you." She says.

"P..Please hurry, i'll try and find my way back as well." I say then my phone dies so I slowly walk to find my way back but as hours pass my hope gets slimmer and slimmer.

I also get colder and colder and soon i'm not even shivering anymore, meaning I probably have hypothermia but I keep walking in hope to find them when I trip and fall into the snow.

When I lay in the snow I try to get up but i'm too weak to get up so I simply lay there with slight hope that they will find me and soon my eyes close and everything fades away...

Lauren's POV:
Christina, Katherine, Lisa, Amy and I run around the woods in hope that we'll find her when I see a body laying limp in the snow, very pale. "Guys look!" I yell and run to it.

I hear them trail behind me but I keep running until I get to them and flip them over, gasping when I see Dani laying limp in the snow and her lips are blue.

The others gasp when they see her and I can hear Lisa and Katherine crying from the state our littlest sister is in. We all pick her up, putting her jacket we brought with on her.

After we all hurry her home where we call the ambulance and cover her up to warm her up while waiting for the ambulance to come but she doesn't seem to get any better.

"Please Dani! Please wake up!" I yell, worried and I cry in worry for her and I know the others probably are as well. Before we know it the ambulance is here and they take her away.

Christina drives us to the hospital where we wait in the waiting room until we get news on her. An hour passes before a doctor comes out. "Dani Cimorelli." The doctor says.

We stand up, shocking him a little but then sighs. "I'm afraid that by the time you arrived that it was too late and her hypothermia got too severe.." The doctor says, we all gasp.

I start crying and Lisa holds me even though she's crying as well. "Can we say goodbye?" Christina asks, making me cry harder and soon we're lead down hallways until we get to her room.

We go in and it's hard not to cry again when we see her dead pale, lips blue and completely limp. We go to her and surround her and we decide to sing to her, knowing it'll be our last time singing to her.

We sing her favorite song and by the time we finish we're crying and after all go into a group hug, crying then say our goodbyes to Dani before leaving.

The next day we don't feel like doing anything, too heartbroken over the loss of Dani when I get a call so I answer it, confused since I don't know the number. "Hello?" I ask.

"Lauren Cimorelli?" A male voice asks. "Yes this is she, who's this?" I ask. "This is the Nashville hospital we're calling on your sister Dani." The doctor says.

"What about her?" I ask, confused since last night the doctor said she had died. "She's alive, when you girls left we found out she was still breathing." The doctor starts, shocking me.

"W..What, is she ok?" I ask, getting the other's attention but confusing them. "Yes we think she will survive but we're unsure if she will have any problems." The doctor says.

"Ok, we're on our way!" I say then hang up and they look even more confused. "Dani's alive!" I announce and they look shocked so we hurry to the car and go to the hospital.

Once we arrive we rush in, get her room number then run to it, going in and we basically scream in joy that she's ok but it causes her to start waking up.

We all surround her, sitting in chairs around her for when she fully wakes up. Once she sees us she looks at us all and looks a bit confused and afraid.

"You ok Dani?" I ask her and she looks at me and nods but looks like she's struggling to speak which worries us but we try not to show it to try and not freak her out.

Christina goes to get a doctor and when they return we were forced to wait outside the room to find out the results on Dani.

Soon the doctor comes back out and looks at us. "Due to lack of oxygen and from the hypothermia she has brain damage." He says, shocking us.

"Will she be able to speak again?" I ask with worry in my voice, Dani loves to speak and if she can't it's going kill her.

"Luckily it doesn't look to bad so she will just need some speech therapy and hopefully she will be able to talk again." He says.

"What about singing?" Lisa asks him. "You will have to help her with that but we are hopeful she can return to her normal self." He says, I nod and I know the others did to.

He walks away so we go back inside and sit with her quietly and we talk to her quietly until she eventually falls asleep.

We visit her everyday until she is able to leave and when she is we celebrate with her, happy that she's out of the hospital.

After that we spend everyday helping her recover which takes months but she manages to talk and sing again even though it's still a little weak she's gotten better.
End Of Oneshot
That's the end of the very first oneshot i'll try and post a chapter everyday or once a week and luckily I have a lot of ideas so hopefully it lasts a while.