Chapter 44: Daymare

LX   

"What does the King doing in the academy at this early hour?" bati sa'kin ni Sir Grant matapos akong makita sa loob ng Meeting Hall.

It was a reckless act to confront one of the Splendid Academy's officials when it's not yet time for students to go back in school. Even though this plan seemed risky, I still know of the probability whether I'll get caught in danger after pursuing it or not. It usually depends upon a person if my plans will succeed or impossibility may occur just to achieve the outcome we want.

Just like what's in front of me right now. Sir Grant Argentia was a noble knight whose loyalty belongs to the risen kingdom of Splendid, so as the family he came from.

"Write down what you want to tell me. I'll read it by the crack of dawn when I get back in the academy after taking some rest from heavy work load. I don't have time for childish games you want to play as the past few days were tiring enough to consume most of my energy."

Noong naging seryoso ang mukha ni Sir Grant, tumayo na ito at handa na sanang lisanin ang silid nang humugot ako ng patalim at ibinato sa kanyang direksyon.

I already expected him to caught it easily even though his eyes are fixed on the door. He's a well-trained elite. Bukod doon, siya ang isa sa mga gurong may maraming kaalaman sa pakikipaglaban at depensa kaya hindi siya basta-bastang tatamaan nito.

When his hand swiftly moved, I took a step back after he unrolled the piece of parchment that was tied on the halt of the weapon.

"You went through here just to ask me about the death of one student from the second class of your batch?"

Nanatili akong seryoso kahit naging matalim na ang tingin nito sa'kin.

"I doubt if this is the only thing you want to ask."

I was quick enough to get another weapon from my pocket when Sir Grant pointed the dagger to my direction. The weapon won't inflict me fear as I'm also expecting that he'll use it to threaten me after disturbing him at this hour.

"Ano pa ang pakay mo sa paaralang ito?"

Mas dumiin ang pagkakahawak niya sa patalim kaya nanatili akong alerto sa kung ano man ang susunod niyang magiging kilos. Pagkaangat ng aking kamay, sinabi ko kay Sir Grant ang tunay kong dahilan kung bakit ko siya kinokompronta ngayong oras.   

I received an information that Aria have talked with the S.A. officials regarding her friend's death. Bakit niyo siya kailangang kausapin tungkol dito?   

Matagal akong tinitigan ni Sir Grant bago nito sinagot ang tanong ko.

"It's our way of extending condolences to what she had been through and the people whom she knew that's affected by her friend's death."

Condolences? When did they got sympathy towards the people they killed?   

You'll going to kill me and my friends after we trespassed the school right this hour. But I won't let you lay a hand in one of us. We'll win on our goal. Of taking the corpse of Lady Sophia Augusta hidden in this school.   

Nanatili pa rin ang seryosong mukha ni Sir Grant kahit sinabi ko sa kanya ang nasa isip ko.

"A corpse? I didn't know whose dead person you're talking about. Besides, what will you do if I won't deny your accusations? Are you going to take my life to save yourself from being exploited?"   

Let's say that's what I'm going to do tonight, any last words?   

Nakita ko ang pag-angat ng gilid ng labi ni Sir Grant bago nito binaba ang hawak na patalim.