Chapter 18: Timeless

Euris   

My eyes are only fixed in front of me while walking down the aisle. Right there, at the altar, I saw the detective whose attention is on the cross.

Matapos lagpasan ang pinakaunahang upuan, tumigil ako sa paglalakad at hinintay ang detective na mapansin ang presensiya ko.

"Before you get a gold, you need a certain gold-bearing rock and furnish it to get what you desire. As simple as that, but it's a long way process."

Matapos niyang sabihin 'yon, tumingin siya sa akin at ngumiti.

"In magic, you need to train hard before you finally reach your maximum power. Another long way process indeed."

What does he want me to tell about? Hindi ko nakikitang may relasyon ito tungkol sa simbahan o kaya'y sa kaso na gusto niyang lutasin.

After a minute of silence, nagpalakad-lakad siya sa harap ng altar habang tinitingnan ang buong paligid.

"Would your master like to take a peek how beautiful this place is? Or she's a devil who's allergic to divine things which might burn her skin?"

In Skye Manor, they oppose to believe that Supreme Beings exist. Even though Tara was kind and respectful to other's belief, there's still a side of her of hesistating to visit religious places.

"Pinapunta mo ba ako dito para pag-usapan ang kasama ko?" I said.

Mas lalong lumawak ang kanyang ngiti.

"You know what I want, she-mage."

If that's the case, what are we still doing inside this church? Gusto ko na bumalik sa mansyon upang mabantayan ang King. And yes, even though I hate it, I still need to take a look for the Queen.

Hinintay ko ang suhestiyon niyang pumunta kami sa police station nang may sabihin na naman siyang ibang bagay.

"Euris, do you believe in God?"

I didn't react on his question.

"Right. I shouldn't asked about it. Obviously, you don't believe that He exist."

Is it because I was raised in Skye Manor that's why he thought I don't believe? Not believing and not caring are two different things.

"If you keep changing the topic, I think I should better leave and go back to the mansion."

Bago pa man ako tumalikod, nagsalita na naman siya.

"What I said isn't for mockery. Little did you know, the place where we are is related to what your King desires to know."

Walang emosyon ang aking mukha nang tingnan ko siya ng diretso sa mga mata.

"How did you say so?"

"A great kingdom that has fallen will rise from pits of hell. The tyrannical leader will summon the demons that could help him gain his lost powers. Are you aware of the buried imperial? The heavens will fall and salvation won't exist. The new heroes of youth is a fruit of an old poison."

I was stunned on where I stood because of what he said. That passage was also written on a parchment given by Sir Ames to our King. How did he know exactly about it?

"I could see that you're surprised of my knowledge towards that passage. The fallen kingdom was worthy like gold. The former leaders were powerful than mages we knew. When all these crap came back, no one-- even the Supreme Beings-- could stop them from reigning once again."

It took me a minute before I respond.

"You are aware-- or rather-- you knew many things about the Kingdom of Splendid."