Chapter 6

Trigger warning: #religious fanatacism

Before Magnus had left Alec and Lydia to go home, he had made sure to get Lydias number without Alec noticing. Just in case.

He knew he had to keep an eye on Alec in the next period of time. Now that he knew what the reasons for Alecs behavior was, he had to see what affected him and why. So he could help him in the right way.

Magnus had come to realize that nothing seemed to matter more to him right now, than helping Alec. Somehow that man's happiness had started to mean everything to Magnus. Even if he didn't get him for himself. Which admittedly, had been what he had been aiming for in the beginning. He had desired Alec. Wanted him. Now he just wanted him to accept himself and be happy. If Alec could be happy with him that would be quite alright.

After a couple of days observing Alec, he had noticed two things. First of all: Alec really didn't like Clary. He always tried to stay far away from her. Since working with her, he had perfected his eyeroll. Every time she spoke or did anything he rolled his eyes at her. Never caring if she noticed. The second thing was that Roberts calls affected him tremendously.

He could be laughing and smiling, but when Robert called him, his entire attitude changed. He only took Roberts calls if he had the possibility to leave the room. He never talked to Robert if he was near others. When he returned from these calls, he was horrible to be around. He was angry and judgmental. And miserable. So so miserable.

Lately Magnus had noticed that Alec had begun to sit next to Clary after talking to his father. He thought it might be because he didn't care if he was awful to her, but he didn't know for a fact.

The friendship between Magnus and Alec had suffered a bit under Roberts endless calls. Alec always avoided him for a while after talking to Robert. Magnus didn't blame him. Not now when he knew what his father was like. He could only imagine what Alec had to endure from his father about being around an out and proud bisexual.

Today was no different. Alec had been joking around with Magnus on set between takes until his phone rang.

"Sorry, I've got to take this."

Alec had grabbed his phone and left before Magnus even had noticed the phone ringing. The smile disappeared from Magnus' face. He had really enjoyed himself goofing around with him, and he knew that Alec now probably wouldn't talk to him the rest of the day.

Sighing, he dropped down besides Jace who was on his laptop working.

Jace was always working on set. He wasn't an actor, he was Clarys manager. That was how they had met. It didn't take long for them to fall in love. Now Jace followed her where she went to work. He could work from anywhere. His job consisted in promoting Clary, advising her and stuff like that. And why not do it from the set she worked on?

"Sounds like a rough day?" Jace said without looking up from his work.

"Yes well, there has been a lot of those lately." Magnus glared towards the door Alec had walked out of. Jace followed his line of sight.

"Alec's in a bad mood again?"

Magnus nodded. Everyone on set knew Alec had a lot of bad days. He was just the only one who knew why. Or at least he thought so.

Outside, Alecs ears were almost burning from his fathers nonstop complaining.

"I can't believe you have to work with someone like that. It should be illegal! They should only be allowed to work places were others didn't have to be around them. Sexual deviators..."

Alec rolled his eyes but didn't protest. It was better to just let him speak. He knew better than interrupting him when he was ranting about something. And Alec really had a hard time figuring out if he agreed with his father or not. Sometimes he thought he did. Everything would have been easier if Magnus hadn't been there. But then again, he actually liked hanging out with him.

"You are staying away from him, right? The last thing we need right now is that demon possessing your mind."

"Yes sir. I'm trying my best, but he is my partner in the movie. I have to work with him."

Alec felt guilty. He didn't know if it was from not trying hard enough to stay away from Magnus or from talking like that about him. He just felt really awful.

"That's good my boy. You just have to get married soon, then those demonic thoughts won't get a hold of you anymore. Are you talking to Dr. Aldertree on a regular basis?"

"I try too. It's a bit difficult with my workschedule." Lied Alec. He hadn't talked to his therapist since coming here. And thinking about it, he realized that he had been thinking more and more about guys lately. More specifically Magnus. Maybe he actually did need an appointment? Before he ruined the hard work they had done curing him.

"You know what, I'll call him this afternoon. Right after filming."

"Sounds good my boy. Be sure to make me proud."

Without saying goodbye Robert hung up the phone. Alec made a notification in his calendar to remind him to call Dr. Aldertree. Before it was too late. If it wasn't already. He had been spending way too much time with that bisexual one.

Alec walked back in and saw Magnus and Jace talking. He did not want to join them, so he walked over to clary. He really detested her, but she was the only one who understood his need for not speaking after the conversations with his father. Perhaps because she had had a similar experience with her father when he had been alive.

Robert had told him about Valentine, which, after coming on set, he had learned was Clarys birthfather. Her real name was Clarissa Morgenstern. That was why he didn't know she was Valentines daughter. But Robert had told him how Valentine had treated his kids like soldiers. Commands instead of love. She had legally changed her name when she was 18. That was the only thing she had told him, when he had found out who she was. He had never told anyone. There was no point. He didn't even think Jace knew about her real father.

Growling he dropped into the stool next to her. She didn't say anything, she just kept reading. Without looking up, she reached over and grabbed his pinky with two of her fingers. Resting her hand on his thigh. Neither said a word.