Chapter 29

Intense bright light lit up the room and he curled up in the corner, sobbing. Afraid of what might come.

The hooded figure walked in and spoke with a unrecognizable voice. It almost sounded mechanical.

"Tell me you name."

The young man tried to speak through his sobbing."

"I... I don't know... I can't remember... oh god..."

"Where do you come from?"

"I... why do you ask me this... I don't know!" The sobbing intensified. Turned into crying.

"What has happened here?"

He tried to look around. Couldn't see much. Couldn't quite remember.

"Something bad, I think... Please help me... I think he is hurting me..."

"Who is?" The hooded figure stepped closer.

"I can't remember... I think he is Asian... no wait. DON'T LEAVE ME!"

The voice carried through the door as the hooded man left.

When the metal door was locked, Jonathan removed his hood and made a call.

"He's ready..." He tossed the phone aside and left the place behind to never return again.

-----

Magnus went to Alec's apartment, where he had been staying with Lydia for a while now. He had been out searching for Alec on his own. Without any luck of course.

He knew he couldn't leave New York. Not as long as Alec was missing.

"Magnus. Someone's here to see you."

Lydia gestured towards the living room and Magnus walked in, suspicious.

"Asmodeus. What are you doing here? I never told you where I was staying."

"My dear boy. Have you forgotten everything I taught you?"

Magnus sighed.

"Always know everything about the person you're dealing with..."

"Good boy. Now down to business. I've heard chatter of a young man held capture. The man that is keeping him is quite unpleasant, but if you need me too, I'll get him for you."

"No! I'll do it myself." Magnus didn't trust his father. He always had something up his sleeve.

"Don't be stupid." Lydia stepped in.

"If he is as dangerous as you say, neither of you are going. Tell the police instead."

"They closed the case Lydia! They won't follow any leads in it!"

"Then call in a bomb treat! They'll check that out." Lydia had raised her voice, something she almost never did. She sighed, rubbing her temples.

"I'm sorry Magnus. I didn't mean to yell."

Magnus pulled her in for a hug.

"No I'm sorry Lydia. I know you are just as scared as I am."

"if you don't mind me interrupting, that idea was quite good. I'll call it in."

And with that Asmodeus left.

The next couple of hours, where they could do nothing but wait, was unbearable.

Magnus paced back and forth, driving Lydia insane.

"Will you please just SIT DOWN!"

Both were on edge. Magnus sat into the chair, but within five minutes he was pacing again, making Lydia sigh.

Finally, the phone rang and Lydia jumped to her feet.

"Yes...?" Lydia answered and Magnus stood impatient in front of her. Unable the hear the other voice.

"Oh thank god..." Tears started streaming down her face, while she nodded towards Magnus.

"I'll be right there... thank you."

Lydia hung up the phone and hurried towards the door with Magnus close behind.

"What did they say?" Magnus grabbed her shoulders and turned her towards him.

"They found Alec. He is a live but can't remember much. He is hurt badly."

She turned to the door once more.

"I have to go Magnus. I'll keep you updated."

"What? Screw that! I'm coming with you!"

Magnus grabbed his coat and walked outside, Lydia behind him running just to keep up.

When they arrived at the hospital Alec's parents and Izzy where there. Magnus saw Robert scowling at him, but he said nothing.

"How is he?" Lydia hugged Izzy before turning to Maryse.

Magnus stood further behind. He didn't want to get to close. Izzy walked over to him. Hugged him.

"He is in recovery. He's got electrical burns and his back is all torn up." Maryse's voice fractured by grief and she started sobbing.

"My Babyboy..."

Robert pulled her close.

The doctor came out of the room and got everybody's attention.

"He is awake. His short-term memory is foggy. He can't remember what happened."

Magnus placed a hand over his mouth, trying to hold back the sobbs.

"He couldn't remember who he was, when he came in, but we've told him his name, and he is starting to remember things about himself. But unfortunately, he seems to have lost a period of time. He can't remember anything from this last year."

Magnus stepped forward.

"Will he get those memories back?" His shaky voice were almost just a whisper.

"It is too early to tell."

The doctor gestured towards the room.

"You are welcome to see him."

Then he left, while Robert, Maryse and Izzy hurried in. Lydia grabbed Magnus' hand and gave it a squeeze before going in as well.

Magnus stayed outside a little longer. Trying to calm himself down.

He lost his memories. His love for me... it's all gone...

He could hear Alec's fragile voice speaking to Izzy. Magnus took a deep breath and walked in.

Alec's eyes widened with fear when he saw him.

"NO! NO! GET HIM OUT! GET HIM OUT!!!"

The screams were filled with terror and Alec tried to crawl away. Tears streaming down his face.

Robert stepped in front of Magnus.

"Leave this room now!"

Magnus turned around and started running. Not able to get the screams out of his head.