Chapter 7

Triggerwarning! #selfharm #religions fanaticism

Walking back to his trailer that night, Alec called Dr. Aldertree. Magnus had been on his mind the entire day while filming. He needed to talk to Aldertree. Needed to get his mind cleansed like when he was younger. Maybe his father was right and Magnus possessed some kind of demonic powers that creeped into his head and made him think of him? Alec had never really believed in God and the devil, but right now he wasn't so sure. His mind didn't completely seem like his own. He wasn't in control anymore. And what else could be the reason for that than these demonic powers his father spoke of?

Luckily Aldertree had give Alec his home number in case of emergencies. His office had been closed for hours. And this counted as an emergency!

Aldertree and Alec talked for a while. Alec had a lot he needed to get of his chest. The way he had been thinking about Magnus, the kiss and everything else that had happened.

"It is the devil that's testing you. He knows you are close to be married. To be united in holy matrimony. That would mean he had lost your soul to the good Lord. And the devil will do anything to prevent that from happening. You need to keep him at bay and prove your devotion to the lord."

"But how do I do that? I have to work with him..." Alec felt his heart dropping. He hated the thought of staying away from Magnus, but he understood that it had to be done. He was not going to disappoint his family and his fiancée.

"The devil can't touch you if you ignore him. His powers can only hurt you if you let him in. And then you need to endure the same pain as Jesus did for us. That will remind your body and soul off the sacrifice He made for us. The sacrifice to save you from those impure thoughts. Trust in Jesus and bleed out the evil that has taking residence in your body."

Alec didn't like the thought of inflicting himself with whiplashes, but somehow it made sense to him. Just by talking to Dr Aldertree he felt himself return to being the one in control of his own body. He remembered how strong he had felt when he returned home after being cured all those years ago. Maybe he could come to feel that way again?

After hanging up the phone, Alec went into his drawer retrieving a leatherbelt. He removed his shirt, grabbed the belt tight and whipped it over his back screaming out in pain with tears streaming down his face.

The devil can't hurt me anymore. The devil can't hurt me anymore.

For weeks Alec used this therapy to cleanse himself. And even though he had to sleep on his stomach now, he felt stronger than ever.

His entire personality had changed. No one could push him around and he didn't waste his time pleasing others. Neither did he spend any time with the demonic boy. He did his scenes with him, but only because he had to. He was repulsed by his painted face and nails.

He also talked to his father daily. He had never felt closer to him. He knew his father was proud.

Magnus didn't know what to do. He couldn't get through to Alec and neither could Lydia. Magnus had called her, when he saw how bad things got, but Alec didn't even listen to her.

He had tried everything. But Alec had locked away every feeling he had ever had towards Magnus.

Alec stomped around set like he owned it. And Magnus knew that some of the crew was afraid of him. Even Alecs dislike for Magnus had become very clear and that made rumors float around. Rumors that sadly were true enough. Rumors that a homophobic actor on set treated a bisexual co-star horribly. And that was what Alec had become. A homophobe. It was even sadder when Magnus knew that it meant Alec resented himself.

Ohh, and how he missed Alecs smile and that contagious laugh. His nerdy tendencies and goofiness. He missed everything that made him Alec. This guy that was stamping around set wasn't Alec. It was a pathetic clone of Alec.

The entire cast had begun to resent him. Not that he ever noticed. Alec didn't spend any time with the cast. He shot the scenes he had too, and then he went inside his trailer. He didn't even eat with them. He just retrieved his food and went back inside.

Magnus wished he could talk to someone in the cast. Someone that knew what to do. Someone that Alec wouldn't push away. One that wasn't gay or bisexual. It couldn't be anyone he could see as "disgusting". It actually couldn't even be a man, because if Alec felt himself being attracted to the guy, he would probably kick him out, or send him away.

It had to be a woman. And the only woman Magnus could think of right now was Clary.