Chapter 5

Magnus and Alec made their way through the city, talking and laughing. Completely ignoring the tension that had built up between them since their kiss earlier that day.

Arriving at the restaurant, they went in and joined Lydia. Alec leaned in to kiss her and then sat down next to her. Magnus placed himself at the opposite side of the table.

"So, how was filming today?"

The way Alec blushed from the question made Magnus chuckle. Lydia gazed confused at them both.

"What did I do? What's so funny?" said Lydia with a light smile.

"Alec had some difficulties with a scene and... well, he needed some guidance."

"And what makes that so funny? I'm not sure I understand the joke."

Alec almost choked on his water in his haste to try and stop Magnus from explaining.

"I guess it's one of those things where you had to be there." Magnus responded while Alec got a hold on himself again.

"What a shame." Lydia smiled at them both, but Alec couldn't look at her.

"I've got to ask" Magnus leaned over the table, getting closer to Lydia.

"Has he always been so prone to blushing?"

The question made Alec spit out the mouthful of water he had just taken. Coughing vigorously.

Magnus could see Lydia tried to hold back a laugh while slapping Alec on the back.

When Alec got his breath back, he kicked Magnus under the table.

Magnus winced but didn't say anything. He just smiled teasingly. Alec didn't exactly find this amusing.

"Can we please just order some food?"

Alec wasn't a fan of the way Lydia and Magnus had started to pair up against him. He knew it was all meant to be all fun and games, but he really didn't like the idea of them being friends, he just didn't know why. He really liked them both and enjoyed spending time with them. But preferably at separate occasions.

The longer time they spend together at the restaurant, the more at ease Alec became. He started to relax. Instead of being on edged and sitting up straight he had slouched down in his chair, resting his arm at the back of Lydias and his long legs stretched out under Magnus' chair. Occasionally brushing against his legs.

Time flew by now that Alec had started to enjoy himself. Appetizers, dinner and desert was over, but none of them felt like leaving. Magnus and Lydia were sharing a bottle of wine, while Alec had just ordered another glass of water.

The conversation was cut off when Alecs phone rang. Magnus glanced over and saw the name Robert flashing on the screen. Alec grabbed the phone and stood up. His smile had disappeared.

"I have to take this."

He walked outside, answering the phone.

"He suddenly seemed very serious. Who is Robert?"

Magnus sipped at his whine, still glaring towards Alec. He didn't like the look he got when the phone rang.

Lydia sighed.

"It's his father. They have a... troubled relationship."

"So it would seem..."

Magnus thought about the fact that Alecs father was listed in his phone by his name. it clearly showed a division between them.

Lydia shot a look behind her, making sure Alec was still outside. Then she leaned towards Magnus and lowered her voice.

"Alec has been through a lot because of his father... and I'm concerned for him. I'm would like your help, but I think you need the hole story before deciding if you want to help. When we were about 10 years old Alec had told his parents about this new love he had found in school. I remembered we were eating spaghetti that night. I lived next door, so often we would stay at each other's house. We were inseparable."

Magnus smiled at Lydia. He liked that. It seemed awfully cute that they had been friends for so long.

"Then in the middle of dinner he started mentioning this boy he had fallen In love with and everything went dead silent. Robert stood up and started screaming at him. I don't remember exactly what he said but he called him something like an abomination, and said it was a disgusting and filthy thing. I remember I held my breath. I was so scared, and his mother just started sobbing. Saying he had embarrassed them. He was 10 years old!"

Lydia paused and clutched her hands. Magnus could tell that this still affected her a lot. He reached over and took her hands. She looked at him and continued.

"A couple of days later, Alec weren't home when I came over to play. They told me that he had transferred school for a while and wouldn't be back for a couple of years. When he finally came back, we were teenagers and he had changed a lot. Not just like a normal teen. He had become closed off, afraid of big crowds and he seemed to carry around a lot of self-loathing. Later on, I learned he had been sent to a place where they tried to alter peoples "inappropriate" sexuality. And they had really done a number on him. He still sees this therapist that helps him keep "impure thoughts" away. And I don't know how to help him."

Magnus interrupted Lydia.

"Wait, so you are saying that you know he is gay, and that he punishes himself for it, and still you are engaged to him?"

Magnus could feel himself getting riled up. How could she call herself his friend?!

"Let me explain... When we were 16 his parents had started to set him up. They wanted to make sure he found a sweet girl. In my opinion they wanted proof that he was "cured". So I decided to ask him to be my boyfriend. He had always protected me when people bullied me in school and now, I had a chance to do something for him. so I did. And that day I decided I would be his girlfriend for as long as he needed me to be. And I will marry him if that is what he needs. I want him to be happy, but I don't know how to get him out of Roberts claws. So... I was hoping that you could help me. He seems to like you and I'm pretty sure you like him. Maybe you could help him discover himself again. Let him get more comfortable with who he is?"

"Wait, let me get this straight. You want me to seduce your fiancé?" Magnus stared at her.

"Something like that. I mean, don't cross his boundaries, but gently push them? I can sense something has changed, and I'm pretty sure that's because of you. So, will you help me? Help Alec?"

Before Magnus could answer, Alec returned with a scowl on his face. His eyes were cold once more.

Magnus let out a silent sigh and nodded discreetly at Lydia. Of course, he would help. Alec needed all the help he could get.

The Act (Malec AU)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें