Chapter 1

Alec strolled into the studio. Walking tall and head held high. His therapist had told him to act confident, and then he would start feeling it too. But it hadn't worked yet.

Stop thinking like that! I've got this!

He shook the insecurity off and cleared his mind once again.

I am a capable actor. I wouldn't have gotten this role if I wasn't.

He had been cast to play a detective in an actionmovie. This detective was a man who respected the law and did everything by the book. Much like himself. He wasn't a detective, but an actor, and a very dedicated one at that. He always gave 110 percent to his role and were never late to set. Or at least that was how he was when he had a role. There hadn't been many. And never one as big as this. But he had seen other actors behave intolerable. Towards costars, crew and directors. Alec never wanted to be like that.

He despised people that acted like divas just because they had become famous. And he was especially worried about one particular co-star. Magnus Bane.

He was a known actor, dancer and singer and had an extravagant lifestyle. Alec didn't actually know if he was a diva, but he wouldn't put it past him. He had seen pictures. Lydia had shown him the Instagram profiles of his co-stars. And Magnus Bane seemed to live an excessive life. And he was also bisexual. In a way that let everyone know. It made Alec very uncomfortable... Not to mention nervous.

Alec didn't really know his way around social media, so he was glad he had Lydia. She was his best friend and now his fiancée too.

"You must be Alec Lightwood."

A young redheaded girl offered him her hand. Alec remembered her from the profiles. Clary. A younger girl with a lot of selfies on her profiles. She definitely knew her way around social media. And how to interact with her fans.

She was playing the woman his character was married to. They had a few scenes he was dreading. A lot!

"Yes I am. And you are Clary Fairchild, right?"

"Well, actually it's Herondale now."

She showed him a large ring on her finger. Blushing lightly with a big smile on her face.

"Wow. Congratulation. So, isn't that quite new?"

"Yes. Jace and I just got married two weeks ago. There he is."

She waved towards a stunning blond guy. He was very muscular, shorter than Alec and extremely handsome.

Holy shit, that guy is hot!

Alec couldn't stop staring at the guy when he came and introduced himself. He just stood there, gaping like a fish on land.

"Dude, are you okay?"

Stop it! You are NOT attracted to guys. You are NOT attracted to guys!

"I'm... umm.. I'm fire... FINE! I mean fine."

Way to go, Lightwood. Clearly the therapist has done wonders with me.

He mentally rolled his eyes at himself.

"Alright then..."

The guy took his wife's hand and led her towards the table with refreshments.

Probably trying to get away from me. Great first impression.

Alec went over to the chair with his name on the back. Right next to it was Bane's chair. Of course. He played his new partner in the movie, so they would be working together a lot.