Chapter 28

#triggerwarning #torture #electrify #pleading

It had proven difficult to find his father. Weeks had gone by, and he still hadn't found him. And at the same time, the cops had closed the case. Saying it had been a domestic dispute and Alec had walked out.

Magnus was furious!

How could they believe such a thing? And they had at the same time accused Magnus of drugging himself like a fucking addict!

Magnus had reached out to every contact he knew that could set him in touch with Asmodeus. Except for one. Lilith. She was an evil bitch. Kind of the queen of the underworld. She led a group of criminals. Magnus had run into her before, when he was working with his father.

Back then Asmodeus and Lilith had been fighting over territories. And if he knew his father right, they would still be fighting...

Searching for Lilith meant going to a district so caught up in crime, that even the police avoided it if they could.

He had been there before. As a teen. With his father. He knew where Lilith would be. The local bar called Edom.

Walking in, two huge guys walked in behind him, crossing their arms over their chest, blocking his only way out of there.

He took in a deep breath and headed for the table in the back. He could recognize her long black hair from far away. He would never forget how she looked. She had always seemed ageless. Still looking exactly as back then.

"Well, if it isn't the prince of conning."

She gestured towards a chair and one of her goons pushed him down in the seat.

"What can I do for you, little prince?"

Magnus decided to ignore her nickname for him, knowing it would do no good to remind her he wasn't that person anymore.

"I'm looking for my father. No one seems to know where he is anymore. I thought you might know."

"You thought correct. But that kind of knowledge isn't free my little prince."

Magnus sighed.

"What do you want?"

"well, that would be difficult to say right know... Maybe you could just be in debt to me. How does that sound?"

"like a really bad deal..."

Lilith filled the room with laughter.

"Yes that might be right, but it will be the only deal, so either leave, or agree to my terms. Your decision young prince."

Lilith tapped her fingers at the table waiting for Magnus' answer.

He knew Alec was more important than anything, so he agreed to her terms.

"Excellent!" she clapped her hands together in triumph.

"Your father is actually working for me now, so if you would be so kind." She gestured towards the door where one of the men opened it.

"He will show you to your father. And don't forget our deal."

Magnus walked behind the guy, following him to a rundown apartment. The guy showed him inside.

It was dark and insanitary.

Oh how the mighty has fallen...

"Be still my beating heart. Is that my beautiful boy or does my eyes deceive me?"

Asmodeus walked towards Magnus with a slight limp and the support from a cane.

He pulled Magnus into an embrace, that Magnus didn't respond to.

Magnus pulled away.

"Father. I need your help."

"My help? The last time we spoke, you told me you would never see me again..."

"I know. I don't know where else to turn to. You at least owe me this!"

"Owe you? AFTER ALL I'VE DONE FOR YOU?"

Magnus stepped back in surprise. His father had always had a temper, but it had rarely been directed at him.

"Fine. Then tell me what I have to do to get your help!"

Magnus knew it wasn't wise to let Asmodeus see how bad he needed his help. He would know exactly how to milk it. But he had no choice.

"Help me get rid of that insufferable bitch and we have a deal."

"Wait are you talking about Lilith? That's insane!"

"Do you want my help or not?"

He knew he had to accept. And he knew it would mean going back to the life he had run away from.

"Fine. But only if you find my boyfriend and bring him back safely!" Asmodeus stared at Magnus for a while.

"Deal." He reached out and grabbed Magnus' hand.

Now that Magnus had his father searching for Alec, he needed to come up with a way to settle his debt with his father. Preferably without braking the law.

----

Alec had begun to lose his sense of time. The room was almost always dark, making it impossible to tell if it was night or day.

But the sense of time wasn't the only thing he was losing. Sometimes he felt like he was losing his mind.

He would wake up, not knowing where or who he was.

The sound of the door opening had started to affect Alec. He couldn't help but whimper as soon as he heard it. Knowing that it meant more torture.

Jonathan pulled him up and strapped him into a chair. As he had done so many times by now.

"No, no, no... please. I can't take anymore..." Alec begged with tears burning in his eyes.

But there was no mercy.

When Alec was strapped in, Jonathan placed electrodes on his body. A different spot each time. His skin had red burn marks all over.

"Please don't. please... NO!" Alec whimpered when the screen in front of him lit up. He knew what was coming.

Different pictures flashed over the screen. Alec feared certain pictures. Pictures of the stunning Asian male, that he knew, but couldn't quite remember.

As soon as the picture appeared on the screen, electricity ran through his body. Making him scream out in utter pain.