Chapter 11

Alec sat in his chair, waiting to be called in to block. Jace sat next to him with his laptop. They hadn't spoken for a while now, but the silence hadn't even become awkward. Just familiar. Alec tried to read a book but couldn't concentrate. His eyes kept trailing back to Magnus that was talking to the producer about some small changes in the script.

Suddenly his phone rang, and his blood turned to ice in his veins. He had changed the ringtone for his fathers calls so he always would know when it was him and not accidentally take it. He was only allowed to talk to his father with someone around him now. He never got the chance too relapse because after every call someone was there to talk to him about the conversation he had just had. He got to put words on his feelings, and it helped a lot so he didn't bottle it all up, get confused or start to think something was wrong with people that wasn't straight.

Jace looked at Alecs phone.

"The devil himself?" Jace asked and Alec nodded. He kind of liked Jaces nickname for Robert.

"Alec took the phone and walked outside, with Jace right behind him. Magnus watched them go. His heart always dropped when he heard that damn ringtone. He wished Alec would just throw Robert out of his life, but he knew it wasn't that easy.

Just because he had broken all ties to his own father didn't mean that everybody else would do it. And that had taken him a while to do, so he had to be patient with Alec. Maybe he would stop speaking to Robert later in life.

Thirty minutes later the two boys came back. Laughing.

Magnus dared to breathe again. He always feared that Alec would fall back in, But it seemed that Jace really had the power to keep Alec strong. They had formed a bond stronger than anything Magnus had ever seen before.

Alec loved the way the cast and crew had risen around him. He was never alone and never forgotten. Everybody made sure he was alright. They took better care of him than his own parents did.

This right here.

These people.

They were his family now. And they helped him heal.

Izzy would always be family too and she checked in on him as often as she could. And he knew she was in contact with both Clary and Magnus too. Making sure that she always knew how he was doing. He loved that she cared but hated that she worried.

"Alec! Magnus! It's time."

The director called them on set to block their scene.

"Hey!"

Jace called Alec back before he got on his mark.

"Just so you know, Clary and I are spending the night at her trailer. But I promise someone will come and stay with you tonight. And tomorrow I am going to kick your ass in our morning workout session."

Jace jabbed at Alec a couple of times. Alec avoided the punches and threw in some of his own. Neither never actually making contact with the others body. Alec had gotten a lot better at his stage fighting skills.

Magnus grinned while calling for Alec.

"Rocky! Stop playing around and get too work."

Alec instantly ran to set apologizing and nearly tripped over his own long legs which made Magnus laugh even harder.

Alec couldn't help but blush while he took his position at his mark.

-----

Alec felt alone for the first time since before his fight with Jonathan. Clarys clothes and makeup wasn't scattered all over his trailer anymore, and no one had taken her place yet. It had only been ten minutes since he returned from set and he already felt lonely and vulnerable. Had he become this dependent on others?

"Sorry!!! I'm here!"

Magnus rushed into the trailer with a large bag on his shoulder and a trolley behind him.

"Are you moving in?" Alec teased him.

"You don't know how much there's needed to like as fabulous as I do, so don't mock."

Magnus pushed past him and placed the bag on the floor.

"So... where can I put my stuff?"

Alec grinned at him.

"Well Clary used that chair for her clothes and half a shelve in the bathroom for her makeup." He pointed to a chair next to the bedroom door.

Magnus winched at him.

"How is that even possible?"

Alec couldn't stop laughing at the stunned Magnus.

"Don't you laugh Alexander. Fashion is a very serious matter!"

Alec tried to hold back his grin while guiding Magnus to his wardrobe.

"I think I can make some room for your..." Alec glanced over Magnus baggage.

"Fashion in here" he continued his sentence with a light smile on his face.

"Thank you, Alexander. I would appreciate that." Magnus replied while ignoring Alecs subtle mockery.

He looked around in Alecs trailer. He already had so many memories from this room. He could fell a longing spreading in his body when he remembered the way Alec had kissed him that night, he was drunk. It had been such a perfect kiss. Like it was something they did all the time.

Ohh how I wish it was...

"Umm... would you mind if I took a quick shower?" Alec asked Magnus with a light blush on his face, and Magnus realized he might had been starring at Alec while remembering that night.

"Not at all. In the meantime, why don't I try and get us some food?"

Alec smile lit up the entire room.

"That would be really great. Thank you, Magnus."

Alec turned around and dropped his shirt on the floor on his way into the bathroom. And Magnus dropped his jaw.

When Alec came out of the shower Magnus had brought in some food and had taken it out of the containers and arranged it on the plates. A bottle of beer and a glass of wine were placed beside them.

"I know you don't drink much, but your sister told me that you do enjoy a beer once in a while."

Alec smiled at Magnus.

"Did you just go out and buy beer for me? That's thoughtful."

Alec sat down at the table without noticing the proud smile spreading over Magnus' face.

He didn't get scared or mad that I had arranged a dinner for us at the table, or that I had researched what he liked. He sure has come a long way. Maybe Clary's right... Maybe he is ready..."

Magnus sat down opposite from Alec and took a sip of his wine. Enjoying the date-like situation.