Chapter 31

Seasons had passed by. Summer turned into winter.

Magnus had kept his promise and stayed clear of Alec. Even when he learned that Alec had been nominated for an Oscar for best leading actor.

Magnus wasn't surprised. His performance in The Hunt had been spectacular.

All of the cast were going to the Academy Awards to support Alec. Nobody cared that he couldn't remember them. They remembered him and would support him.

Alec's 'incident' was now well known by the public. The family had decided to let people know of his injuries to get full acceptance to why he might not be able to attend every gathering alongside of the cast.

Alec had been overwhelmed by the love and support from his fans. He truly felt blessed.

Even though his memories of the last year was gone, he had actually begun to feel good again.

His break up with Lydia had proven to be a great thing. She had found a great love. A man called John Monteverde. Alec really like him, and Lydia seemed so much happier than she had been with him. And he didn't mind. Not all loves are a true love. He knew that.

And he believed that this was Lydia's true love.

She was still his best friend, and he loved to see her this happy. It meant the world to him. She had promised to come to the academy awards with John and Alec's family. He wanted her there. She was his only friend. Well the only one he could remember.

"Come on man! You need to finish getting ready. Not start daydreaming." John laughed and pulled Alec from his thoughts.

John was helping Alec get ready. Izzy and Lydia were waiting downstairs. His parents had gone early, wanting to get great seats even though Alec had told them it wouldn't be necessary. There would be reserved seats for them. But nobody could make Maryse listen if she didn't want to.

"Jeez man, your tie is crooked." John stepped in front of him and started correcting his tie.

Flashes of Magnus smiling while fixing his tie and leaning in to whisper something slammed into his head. Almost knocking him over.

He grabbed the back off a chair to steady himself.

"Alec, are you okay?" John steadied Alec with a concerned look on his face.

"Yes... yes I think so..." Alec stood up. Tried to focus on the memory that had come back. But it slipped away. Just out of reach.

"Guys are you coming? We're going to be late!" Izzy yelled impatient downstairs.

"Yeah. We'll be right there." Alec made his way to the door. Followed close by John that observed him intently.

"God, who knew Alec took longer getting ready than me..." Izzy complained with a chuckle.

"He is probably really nervous..." Lydia watched the two men come downstairs.

"Shit. Alec! Mom just texted me. Dad forgot his battery for the camera. Do you know where it is?"

"For the love of... Why don't they just use their phone camera like any sane person would do." Alec mumbled on his way into his dad's study. Searching for the battery.

Going through the desk he found an envelope with his name written on it.

Something about the handwriting pushed at his memories.

Slowly he opened the letter.

My dear Alexander

This is the hardest letter I ever had to write, but also the most important one.