Chapter 9

Magnus sat on the couch in his club. Even though he was surrounded by old friends he felt lonely.

His friends were laughing, talking and having a great time, Magnus just sipped his drink, only listening with half an ear. His mind was somewhere else.

His night got promptly disrupted when Clary pushed through the crowd panting.

"Magnus! We need you!"

"Now what?"

Magnus raised his glass to take another sip. He felt a bit annoyed. He had asked her for help. Then she had waited days before doing anything and now she couldn't even do that without him anyway?

"It's Alec. He's hurt!"

Martini spilled all over his expensive shoes, when the glass dropped from his hands. A cold shiver ran through his body.

Alexander!

He rushed past her and pushed everyone aside. When he reached the door, his heart stopped. Izzy was trying to hold up her brother, that was bleeding and barely could stay awake.

"UNDERHILL!"

Magnus screamed at the doorman, making him rush over and grab Alec from Izzy.

"WHY ON EARTH HAVENT YOU CALLED FOR AN AMBULANCE!!!" Magnus yelled uncontrollably at the two women.

"I told them not too..." Alecs voice was barely a whisper.

Magnus instantly turned his attention to Alec.

"You stupid boy..."

Magnus brushed his fingers over Alecs blood-spattered cheek.

"He was afraid it would hurt his career even more. He was the one to throw the first punch. But he just wanted to protect me."

Clary tried to make Magnus understand. But he was too angry to listen to them.

"Just. Stay. Here!" He punctured every word. Letting them know he was pissed!

He guided Underhill through the crowd and into the backroom. Placing Alec on the table.

"Thank you. You may go."

Magnus grabbed a washcloth and a bowl to fill with water.

"Oh and Andrew. Please keep an eye on the girls, and mske sure they are alright . I might have been a bit unpleasant."

The doorman nodded and left Magnus alone with Alec.

He started gently washing the blood of Alecs face.

"My dear Alexander. Why would you do something like that..." Magnus muttered to himself, not expecting him to be awake.

"I had too. Jace trusted me." Alec groaned out in pain.

He didn't open his eyes, and he didn't stop Magnus from taking care of him. He had missed him so much. His entire body was aching. And not from the beating. He needed Magnus near him, like he needed air. And that realization hurt more than his wounds.

Magnus bend down and placed a light kiss on Alecs forhead. He couldn't resist. Alec pretended to have dozed off once more. He liked the kiss and didn't want to scold Magnus for doing it.

Alecs head was filled with confusion. He couldn't even tell what was right or wrong anymore. He didn't know if he should push Magnus away or keep him close. He felt broken. He didn't know the difference of what he wanted and what he was expected to do anymore. It all blurred together and left a mess in his head.

Magnus pulled of Alecs shirt so he could see the damage that had been done. He had to make sure they didn't need to send him to the hospital.

"Wait!"

Alec tried to stop him when he realized what Magnus was doing but it was to late. The shirt was off.

"What's wrong?" Magnus asked worried.

"Did it hurt? I'm sorry.. I didn't think... What is that?"

Magnus became deadly serious, when he saw the marks on Alecs back. Alec avoided Magnus' stare.

"ALEXANDER! WHAT ARE THOSE MARKS?"

Magnus screamed at Alec, consumed with fear for Alecs safety. Alec looked down and answered with a whisper.

"It's from a leather-belt..."

"It is what?!"

Magnus grabbed Alec by his shoulders and forced him to look up.

"Are you telling me you are hurting yourself?"

Alecs eyes burned from the tears he was holding back.

"Oh Alexander."

Magnus pulled Alec in and held him tight.

"Alexander, you need help. You are not well."

Magnus released Alec to see his eyes when he spoke to him.

"I'm going to give you two options, and I want you to think long and hard about what you choose."

Magnus didn't stop staring into Alecs eyes until he agreed.

"Either we commit you to a 24 hours suicide watch at the psychiatric facility."

Alec started shaking his head with tears streaming down his face.

"Or..."

Magnus placed a finger under Alecs chin tilting his head up once more. Looking into those lovely and yet wounded eyes.

"We talk to the director and producer and you come clean about this. Then you have to agree to not be alone anymore. Someone will stay with you the entire time every day. On set, at dinner, through the night... every second of every day until we believe you are well."

Alec dropped his head onto Magnus' shoulder.

"No one will help me... not anymore..."

"Yes they will. We all will. Bu you need to start wanting to help yourself. You need a therapist. A different therapist than the one you have."

Alec nodded slowly in agreement. He wanted to try. He really wanted to change, but he didn't know how. His life had been like this for almost as long as he could remember. But he didn't want to be this person anymore.

Alec leaned against Magnus. Allowing himself to let Magnus hold him close.