Chapter 30

The next couple of weeks Lydia kept updating Magnus of Alec's recovery.

"He is doing a lot better. The wounds are starting to heal. His memory is still ruined unfortunately."

Magnus kept spinning the cup of tea he had in his hands.

"I'm sorry Magnus. I wish I had better news."

He looked at her. Tried to form a smile. But failed.

"it's okay Lydia. I'm glad to hear he's is getting better physically."

Lydia sighed, grabbed Magnus hands, stopping his motions.

"Magnus. He has become the same man he was before he knew you. Closed up. Guarded. Completely unaware of how miserable he is."

A tear started building in the corner of his eye. He hated this. He hated knowing Alec was hurting and not being able to do anything.

"I think I need to do something that might shock him. You know, to get his memories back?"

Magnus looked questioning at Lydia.

"What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to break off the engagement. I'm hoping it will remind him that it isn't a real engagement. It's a longshot I know, but I don't know what else to do..."

Magnus could see real hurt in her eyes. She felt just as useless as he did.

"Maybe it will work." Magnus gave her hands an encouraging squeeze.

For a while they just sat there opposite each other, sipping their tea without speaking.

"Don't you think its weird he acted afraid of me?" Magnus asked Lydia.

"Yes it is strange. Izzy asked him about it, and he doesn't remember why. He says he just knows that he is afraid of you. That you will hurt him."

"I'll bet Robert is behind this..."

"Magnus, please... you can't be sure of that. Don't do anything you'll regret."

Magnus stood up.

"Thank you for the tea, Lydia. I've got to go."

Magnus walked out. Determined. He would find out if it was Robert. And if it was...

Magnus clenched his hands along his sides.

I'll kill him!

He walked towards the district his father lived in. He must have known more then he had told. His father never gave out every information at once. He used it as leverage.

He slammed at the door.

"DAD! Open up!" he leaned in and placed an ear at the door. No sounds. He grabbed the doorknob and turned it.

It clicked and swung open. A disgusting smell hit him. A smell he recognized. That was linked to his worst memories. The smell of a dead body.

He sneaked inside and found exactly what he had feared. His father was dead. Stabbed in the gut.

Magnus dropped to his knees. He didn't have much love for Asmodeus, but he was his father nonetheless.

He dialed 911, reporting it. Every emotion torn away from his body.

----

Lydia breaking of the engagement had hurt Alec, but he didn't dwell on it. What was the point. He understood why she did it.

His body was a wreck. Broken and disgusting. And he couldn't remember their last year together... who would stay with someone like that?

He knew it had been difficult for her to do it. He could see it in her eyes and the way she had lingered after. But eventually she had left. He didn't blame her at all.

Izzy had tried to unlock his memories. She had told him of what she had seen on set. His friends, Jace, Clary and Magnus.

That had puzzled him. How could Magnus have been his friend when he so clearly knew he was dangerous.

Izzy had contacted Jace and Clary and told them of what had happened. They had come to see him, but it had been awkward. He didn't remember them, and that seemed to have hurt that beautiful young man a lot.

Stop it! He is not beautiful!

Alec tried to snap out of it. Shaking it off.

They had talked about Magnus too, but he didn't want to hear about it. And what was worse, Magnus kept texting him. Small annoying texts like

I hope you are getting better.

I miss you.

Life isn't the same without you.

It seemed so wrong, that Magnus would text those kind of things.

Alec knew he needed it to stop. Sure, he could block his number and get a new phone, but he felt like someone had to tell him it was enough.

Alec had even tried to answer one of the texts. Telling him to back off. But he couldn't. He couldn't get his fingers to write the words. So, he asked Izzy to deliver the message. She hadn't liked it, but she had agreed to it at the end.

----

Magnus sad at the diner. Waiting for Izzy. She had called and said she needed to talk to him. He knew it was about Alec and he had a feeling, what it was regarding of.

"Magnus. it's so good to see you." She leaned down and kissed him on the cheek.

He had become so skinny over these last months. He was nearly skin and bone.

"Magnus are you alright?"

Magnus put half an effort into a smile.

"I'm as good as can be expected..."

He had lost everything. Nothing seemed to matter anymore.

"I'm sorry Magnus. I can see you are struggling, and I hate to make things worse but..."

"Alec wants me to back off. Right?"

"Yes... I'm sorry..."

Magnus huffed out a breath. Like things could get worse anyway.

He stood up, reached into his pockets and handed her a letter.

"Will you at least give this to him. It's all the things I'll never get to say."

Izzy nodded and took the letter.

Magnus walked out. Never turning around. He needed to keep going forward.

----

When Izzy returned to the family mansion where both her and Alec were staying, Robert was waiting for her.

"Where have you been?"

"I was out. Helping Alec. He needed me to deliver a message to Magnus."

"I see. What was the message? I don't like that man toying with my boys head."

"Don't worry dad. He wanted Magnus to back off."

"Good. Glad to hear it."

Izzy started to walk upstairs to Alec's room.

"Where are you going? You promised you would go back to school. You've already missed to much, and finals are starting this week."

"I'm just going to give him this letter." She showed Robert the letter from Magnus.

"He is sleeping right now, and you know how hard it is for him to sleep because of the nightmares. Give me the letter. I'll give it to him when he wakes up. You've got to go to school."

Unaware of the previous complications between Robert and Alec, Izzy handed over the letter.

"Tell him I love him when he wakes up, and that I'll be home this weekend."

"I will." Robert kissed his daughters forehead and send her away.

When the door closed, he looked at the letter in disgust.

"Filthy deviator." He mumbled and threw the letter into the desk at his study.

Next chapter will be the last of this book. But I'm working om a sequel. Enjoy :)