Chapter 23

When Alec come to set, the director called him over.

"So, I want to go through this last scene we're shooting with you. It is a very important and dramatic scene, so I need your very best work today."

Alec nodded in agreement.

"You and your partner has just found the serial killer's hideout. You are the cautious one, so you want to wait for backup, but your partner is kind of a daredevil, so he just runs in, leaving you to decide if you should follow or Wait for backup. And I really want you to show the inner struggle."

"No problem. I'll do my very best."

"Alright. Let's begin. And if you need to go over the rest of the scene, just let me know."

Alec took a second to get into the character and then went to his mark. Magnus standing beside him.

"AAAAND ACTION!"

"We have to get him. NOW! If we wait, he's going to slip away, and more women will die!"

Magnus didn't wait for Alec to answer and rushed towards the building where they had tracked the killer to be.

"Get back here you moron!" Alec yelled in a whispering voice.

He looked at his watch, still 5 minutes till backup would arrive. His feet shuffled on the spot. Should he follow his partner or wait for back up as protocol said.

"GODDAMNIT!" He ran towards the building searching for Magnus. He couldn't leave his partner hanging even though he was an idiot.

Alec sneaked around the corner of the building, trying to get a glimpse of Magnus, but he was nowhere to be seen.

"You stupid insubordinate little prick. I'm going to kick your ass when we get out of here." Alec mumbled under his breath.

Straight ahead he heard some muffled sounds. He crept towards the noises and found a woman tied up.

He placed a finger over his lips, signaling her to be quiet. She nodded with tears streaming down her face.

He quickly undid the robes and helped her out the door silently, sending her towards the backup that had finally arrived.

He caught their attention and called them over with a flick of his hand. Two men took care of the woman, while another came over to Alec, followed closely by one more.

"My irresponsible idiot partner is inside. We need to get to him before..."

Alec's head snapped around when they heard loud tumbling inside.

"GO!" He yelled for the others and ran towards the sounds.

Just as he reached the room where he could see Magnus, the killer stuck his knife into Magnus' chest. Leaving it there when he spun around to flee the scene.

Alec's entire body stopped working and he froze on the spot. Magnus slowly dropped to his knees, and the gurgling sound from his throat snapped Alec back to reality. He ran over and caught Magnus before he fell to the ground. The other officers ran after the killer.

"No, no, no, no. Don't you dare do this to me...!" Alec pulled Magnus closer. Held him tight while looking at the wound.

Magnus' eyes searched for Alec's, trying to say something, but he wasn't able to speak.

"Shh.. don't speak. Save your strength. You're going to need it."

He brushed his fingers over Magnus' face, drying away the tears that ran down his cheeks.

"It's not that bad. You'll be on your feet and annoy the shit out of me in no time"

Alec lied to Magnus, seeing the hint of a smile on his face. A sad smile. They both knew it was a lie.

"I..." Magnus coughed up blood when he tried to talk.

"I know. You are sorry. It doesn't matter."

Magnus rose his trembling hand to brush away the tears that fell from Alec's eyes. Then his breath turned shallow and his hand fell to the ground.

"No, no, no, you can't do this. I love you, man. Don't leave me like this..."

He had hated his partner from the day he had met him, but the hate had grown to acceptance and then to love. That was usually what happened when people worked that close together, putting their life on the line every day.

Alec rested his forehead against Magnus' and held him tight when he drew his last breath, Making Alec scream out his pain.

"AAAND CUT!"

Alec felt his entire body trembling and the tears streaming down. He couldn't snap out of it. The feeling of losing Magnus had been all too real.

Magnus sad up and cupped his face.

"You really throw yourself into the emotions of your character don't you?"

He brushed Alec's tears away.

"It makes you a great actor. You were sensational. If that wasn't Oscar material, I don't know what is."

He kissed Alec's plump lips and tried to get him to calm down.

Alec smiled against his lips, still a little heartbroken.

"Thank you, Magnus. It just felt so real. Like I actually lost you."

"You didn't. And you won't."

Magnus pulled in Alec for a hug.

"Now let's go celebrate with the others."

Alec and Magnus got on their feet and joined the others.