Chapter 10

Magnus had arranged a sit-down with the director and the producer for Alec. He had also promised to be present.

"It's alright Alexander. You are just going to tell them about the things that has been going on, and then tell them what you have promised to do. They will be proud of you for dealing with the issue."

Alec tried to believe in Magnus' words, he really did, but he just had a gut-feeling that things wouldn't go so easy.

"Welcome Mr. bane and Mr. lightwood. What can we do for you?" The director had showed them into the office and sat down opposite them.

"I... um..." Alec trailed off, picking at his fingers. He couldn't get the words out. They got stuck in his throat. Magnus took over.

"Alec has had a bad couple of weeks, as you may have noticed. The short story is that he has been manipulated into a life he didn't want. He has been under a lot of pressure and..."

Magnus reached over to take Alecs hand, squeezing it.

"Because of that he has been hurting himself."

Alec didn't dare to look at the people opposite him. He could almost tell what they were thinking, just from the change of atmosphere in the room.

He squeezed Magnus' hand so har that his knuckles went White. He didn't care that someone saw him holding hands with another man right know. He knew if Magnus let go right now, he would break down in tears.

"Alec has agreed to see a therapist and to be supervised every day until you decided he is well. Me and some of the other costars will be the supervisors, so you don't have to worry about expenses or anything like that."

Magnus could see in the eyes of the director, that it wasn't going as well as planned.

"Mr. Bane. We can't have an actor on set, that is mentally unstable."

He looked towards Alec.

"I'm Sorry Mr. Lightwood, I really am, but we have to let you go."

Alec let out a small huff of breath but didn't say anything else. Magnus stood up.

"If you let Alexander go, I'm leaving too. Have fun replacing both your lead roles!"

Magnus pulled Alec to his feet and dragged him out of the office.

"Magnus... you shouldn't have done that..."

Alec walked right besides Magnus, feeling sad for him, but at the same time, a warmth spread through his body.

Magnus did that for me!

"Wait!"

Alec turned around, seeing the director coming towards them.

"You win Mr. Bane. Mr. lightwood can stay. But he is YOUR responsibility!"

The director waved his finger at them before turning around and walking away.

A smile spread over Magnus' face.

"Then we just need to get you an appointment at the therapist. I know a great one. I'll giver you her number."

Alec couldn't hep but smile seeing the triumphant look at Magnus' face.

----

A lot of makeup had to be used to cover up Alecs bumps and bruises since his run-in with Jonathan, but Alec had come to enjoy the extra time in the makeup chair. Both Clary and Magnus were there, and it had quickly become his favorite part of the day.

They didn't always talk, sometimes they just sat there, Magnus listening to music in his earplugs, Alec reading and Clary knitting.

It felt like his safe haven. And his new therapist Dorothea had explained that he needed somewhere he could go to feel safe. He had just never expected it to be the makeup trailer, but sometimes life can surprise you.

Sine the fight, he had spent a lot of time with Jace and Clary. He had actually come to endure her. And he really liked Jace. He was funny and outgoing. Easy to be around. They almost felt like brothers now.

Clary had been sleeping at the trailer, next to Alec in his bed. Sometimes Jace spend the night there too. But on a mattress on the floor.

Alec had come to find that he liked the sense of a body next to him. It calmed him down and kept the nightmares at bay.

Alec knew that Jace and Clary needed some alone time soon. They hadn't been alone for months, because they wanted to take care of Alec. And he loved them for it. But they needed too be a couple again. And not just in those few hours that Alec was filming.
Alec guessed that someone else were going to spend the night in his trailer within these next couple of days. He kind of hoped it was Magnus, while at the same time he feared it.

He glanced towards Magnus seeing him sit next to Clary chatting about something. He still couldn't believe that Magnus almost gave up this movie for him.

"Earth to Alec!"

Jace waved his hands in front of Alecs face. He snapped back to reality.

Jace laughed at the stunned look on his face.

"You do know a picture lasts longer" Jace said nodding towards Magnus. He jumped out of reach when Alec tried to kick him. The scowl on Alecs face had him laughing even harder.

Within minutes the two men were in a friendly fight.

They had done that a lot lately. Jace teasing Alec about his lack of fighting skills.

Magnus smiled. He liked to watch them. To see Alexander carefree. But sometimes he felt a little sting of jealousy. He wished Alec could be that happy around him.

"Why don't you tell him you like him?"

Clary had placed a hand on Magnus' arm.

"Because Biscuit, he is like a scared little bird. If I startle him, he is going to fly away. I have to wait for him to be ready."

Magnus sighed and smiled sadly at her.

"Maybe he is ready? He seems ready to let someone in."

Magnus chuckled.

"To let someone in, maybe. To let me in, no way..."

Clary kissed Magnus on his cheek.

"He doesn't know what he's missing."

Magnus gave her a light kiss back and watched the two men again. Alec was now on the floor with Jace holding him down, yelling for Alec to call "uncle".

"But he does seem less repressed." Magnus glowed with pride for Alexander. He had already come a long way.