Chapter 4

The memories of yesterday embarrassed Alec more than anything else. It was almost like it had been someone else who had done all those terrible things.

And even though he had done all of that, Magnus had stayed with him until the director had knocked on the door. Then he had lied for him and said that Alec had fallen ill so they had to shoot some other scenes. When the director had left, Magnus made sure Alec was okay before leaving.

No one had ever taken care of him like that. Not even Lydia. She wouldn't have forgiven him that fast for what he did. Hell, he hadn't even forgiven himself.

He dreaded seeing the rest of the cast today. It was impossible to think no one had heard the terrible thing he had said. He wanted to stay locked inside the trailer, or actually he wanted to run off. Go home where things were safe and normal.

But he needed to thank Magnus. What he had done for him yesterday... Nothing could repay that.

Ignoring the gnawing guilt in his stomach he rushed out to find him. He searched the set, but Magnus was nowhere in sight. Heading straight for Magnus' trailer instead, he saw a glimpse of him turning around the corner. He ran after him and grabbed his arm.

"Magnus I... Lydia?"

Shock was plastered all over his face.

"Hi sweety. Mr Bane was just taking me to your trailer."

Lydia gave Alec a hug and kissed him. Magnus couldn't help but observe them. She was pretty. They were cute together. He would admit that much. But Alec didn't seem all that happy to see her.

"Lydia, what are you doing here?"

"Maryse called. She said you weren't answering Roberts calls. And you hadn't responded to my texts either, so I got nervous. I was afraid something had happened to you"

"Umm. I'm sorry. I just... had a bad couple of days."

"Yes, Magnus told me. Food poisoning, right?"

Alec looked confused at Magnus that just shrugged his shoulders like what was I supposed to say?

"food poisoning... yeah..."

Alec looked back and forth between those two. He didn't want to lie to Lydia, but he couldn't tell her the truth either.

"I just.. wanted to apologize, Magnus. For yesterday." Alec fiddled with his fingers. Looking down at them.

"Honey, why are you apologizing? You can't help getting food poisoning?"

"I know, its just. I acted terribly..."

Magnus looked at him. He saw the desperation for apologizing, but knew Alec at the same time felt cornered. He wasn't ready to tell Lydia what had happened.

"Poor baby. Are you better know?"

Lydia caressed his arm with a concerned look. Alec smiled at her. After all, he did really love her.

"Yeah, I'm myself again. Luckily it was a 24 hour kind of thing..."

He looked into Magnus' eyes. Hoping he would understand his subtle apology.

"Lydia is right Alexander. You have nothing to apologize for. Its not your fault. It was... the circumstances."

He placed a hand on Alecs shoulder, before walking back to set. Leaving the couple alone.

Magnus joined in on Jace and Clarys conversation when he reached the set, trying to ignore the gut-wrenching feeling, meeting Lydia had provided.

And he tried even harder to ignore when Mr Prettyboy and his Fiancée arrived. Magnus didn't recognize this feeling he was experiencing. And he really didn't like it.