Exhaustion Leads To Regret... Or Not (Roceit)

September 30th, 2019
A/N: Don't hate me for liking this ship okay? I just love Deceit and Roman individually so together it's like *heart attack*

Deceit wasn't tired. He had only been up for 168 hours straight, chasing Remus' little creatures around the Mind Palace because the dark side of Creativity had gotten carried away with his monster creating session.

It seemed every time he laid down to rest, one of the beast popped out of nowhere and prevented him from doing so. This had been going on for about a week until Remus finally agreed to assist him in getting rid of the monstrosities. That meant Deceit could finally get some rest, for the first time all week.

The thing is, when Deceit is tired, he forgets to lie. He becomes a beacon of awkward truths that he keeps to himself most of the time. It's almost the equivalent to being drunk; in fact, he can only tell the truth when he's drunk. 

Well, Deceit was so tired that he forgot he wouldn't lie. He wasn't even thinking about what he would do or say to another Side when he flopped down on the couch in the common room. 

Roman jumped a little in surprise, having been writing on the same couch when the snake-like Side had entered. He wasn't expecting him to stay or sit near him in any way. Now the Dark Side was laying face-down, a few centimeters away from his leg. "Uh, afternoon Deceit?" he tried, looking at him with an arched eyebrow.

He didn't raise his head as he spoke a muffled reply into the cushions. "Oh is that what time of day it is..." he said. 

The prince blinked; he sounded absolutely exhausted. "Is everything Gucci?" he asked, closing his notebook as he looked down at the deceitful Side. He raised his head to look at him, eyes out of focus and expression blank. There were dark circles under his eyes that were noticeable even through his snake scales. "Wow, Deceit, you look like a corpse."

"Well, I feel like a corpse so that's not surprising in the slightest," he replied with a tired sigh. "Have I mentioned that I hate your brother?"

Roman was about to respond when Deceit continued. "I mean, I don't really hate him, but sometimes he makes me so freaking mad," the Dark Side explained, propping himself up on his elbows to look him in the eye. "It sucks cause he's kind of like you, but he lacks all the charisma you have... and he smells... and you're much more handsome. Seriously, make sure Logan never lets Thomas grow a mustache like that."

"Uh, I suppose I should say thank you for the compliments?" the creative Side said. 

He hummed in response, just gazing at him. For some reason, Roman felt extremely flustered. Deceit was just looking at him, but there was something in his gaze that was making him a little nervous. The feeling increased when a lopsided smile appeared on the lying Side's face.

"Have I ever told you that I want to kiss you?" Deceit said, moving a little closer to him.

"What? Okay- stop lying Deceit, it's not really funny," the prince snapped. He cheeks were ablaze with a bright red blush that he knew the other Side would be able to see. He would've thought Deceit would've left, but he just giggled a little and scooted even closer so that their legs were touching and their faces were inches apart. "W-What are you doing?"

He laughed and snaked an arm around his waist. "I'm doing something I'm totally going to regret," he replied, leaning in.

It registered with Roman that the Dark Side was going to kiss him. Several feelings flashed through his mind before he made a decision. He could've pushed him off the couch and marched off, furious. He could've pushed him away and questioned him. However, he simply let the snake-like Side close the distance between them, his curiosity out-ruling his confusion.

Deceit kissed him much softer than he expected, but it wasn't long before he was trying to make the interaction more intense. The creative Side definitely wasn't ready for that. He still wasn't really sure how they got here, so he gently pulled back from the kiss. 

Their eyes fluttered open and met. That same lopsided grin appeared on Deceit's face as he leaned in to hug him around the waist. The prince gasped in surprise, looking down at where the Dark Side was burying his face into his chest. "You're much comfier too," he mumbled into his suit. "Remus smells like his deodorant, which I don't even want to think about right now. All I want to do is sleep so I can wake up and regret my actions."

"Well, get some sleep," Roman replied, meeting the deceitful Side's eyes. He reached up to rub his back and flashed him a wink. "I'll make sure you don't regret it."