Chapter 27

okay so I've decided to start putting a song at the beginning of each chapter or in a certain place throughout the chapter. not a random song, but one that has meaning to the chapter so you can listen while you read if you want~m.p

Act My Age// Hoodie Allen
Hold On// Michael Bublé

Kayla;

Hayes and I made it to Sonic and I pulled in the drive through.

"What do you want?" I asked Hayes, my voice cracking.

"I just want a strawberry milkshake."

I pressed the button on the menu thing and a voice echoed.

"Welcome to Sonic, how may I help you?" A familiar voice asked.

I know that voice from somewhere.

"Just two strawberry milkshakes" I told the worker.

"That'll be 4.32" he told me.

Half price shakes after 8:00 is what I live for.

I pulled a five dollar bill out of my wallet and waited for the worker. A few minutes later none other than the Jacob Whitesides walked out with two milkshakes.

"Jacob!" I yelled when he got to my window.

"Hey Kayla, hey Hayes" he told us.

I had met Jacob many times during the meet and greets. He's one of the sweetest guys I've ever met.

"Here's your milshakes" he told me and and we exchanged.

"Keep the change" my voice cracked once again and I knew I was going to cry. My lips began to quiver and a tear slipped out of my eye.

"Hard night?" Jacob leaned against the car.

"Very" Hayes answered for me as I tried to smile the best I could.

"Since when do you work here?" I asked Jacob.

I eat here a lot and I've never seen him working here.

"I just got the job today. I get off at 8:05 and I'm happy to go home" Jacob let out a small laugh.

Lightbulb.

"Hey are you doing anything after you get off?" I asked Jacob and Hayes elbowed me.

He doesn't know about Taylor and I yet.

I gave him an 'it's okay I know what I'm doing' look which he didn't completely believe but I shrugged it off.

"Nope, why?"

"Well Hayes and I have the apartment to ourselves tonight and wouldn't mind a little company" I told him politely.

"That sounds nice but I have two friends over tonight, sorry" he said and turned back to the building.

"Wait!" I called and he came back. "The more the merrier, bring them with you. I'll follow you to your house so you can get your friends and then you can follow me to my apartment" I told him with a smile. "It's 8:05 by the way."

Jacob went inside and gathered his things before going out to his car. His pulled out of the parking lot and we followed, and got to his house in record time.

His house was two stories and it was white wood with fancy windows. Hayes and I got out of the car and decided to go inside, considering Jacob would have to change and everyone would have to gather their things; that would be a long wait in the car.

We walked inside and the floor was wood and freshly polished. The living room was neat and tidy.

Wow.