Chapter 46

Shawn;

I slowly crept up the stairs, being careful not to make a sound. I held my guitar in my hands as I finally made it to the room I was looking for. I took a deep breath and started strumming a little as I leaned my forehead against the door.

"Don't let me wake him up" I mumbled and tried to compose myself before I began.

"I wanna go back, forget that it's over" I strummed the wrong cord. "Shit" I said under my breath and tried to start again.

"Paint it in black, when you left me alone. You never knew, I wasn't sleeping next door with the girl you grew up with. And I can't stay away from you anymore."

"You tell me I was happier with her, and you want to leave. And you tell me you don't want me, and you break up with me. And when I try to get you back my heavy heart just breaks. No I can't stay away" i squeezed my eyes shut tightly and then opened them to play again.

"Can't put us in the past, won't forget you cause it's over. And every time someone asks, I pretend it's okay. You're inside my head. In the middle of the night when I don't feel right I dream I can hold you. And I can't stay away from you anymore, yeah, yeah."

"You tell me I was happier with her, and you want to leave. And you tell me you don't want me, and you break up with me. And when I try to get you back my heavy heart just breaks. No I can't stay away, and I won't stay away."

"And I can't stay away, no I won't stay away. Yeah, you slam the door and my heart just breaks. And I can't stay away, no I won't stay away. Yeah, you slam the door and my heart just breaks. And I can't stay away, no I won't stay away. Yeah, you yell at us and don't consider what's at stake. And I can't stay away, no I won't stay away" my body was shaking after this part and I really didn't know what to expect.

"You tell me I was happier with her, and you want to leave. And you tell me that you don't want me, and break up with me, you, you break up with me. And when I try to get you back my heavy heart just breaks. But I can't stay away, and I won't stay away."

"You tell me I was happier with her, and you want to leave. And you tell me you don't want me, and you break up with me. And when I try to get you back, say someday we'll be the same. But I can't stay away" there was no response after I finished the song that was an alternate version on "The Weight."

I began playing again and started to sing an excerpt of another song I was working on.

"You're all I think about when I'm awake. Part of every night and every day. Everything's a mess when you're away. Now I know."

"All of this is getting really old. I'm having trouble sleeping on my own. Feeling like a house but not a home."

"Guess I need a watch to tell the time. Guess I need the sun to help me shine. And I really need you in my life. Now I know, that without your kisses I'll be needing stitches."

"Just say something" I mumbled and heard a clicking noise. I looked down and saw that the door knob was turning. I inhaled deeply and prepared myself as Grace cracked the door open.

"You can come in" she said quietly as she wiped a tear.

"Grace" I rushed at her with a hug and she hesitantly hugged me back. "I'm so sorry."

"I just can't believe you did that" she said and turned away.

"Did you not hear the first song? I didn't do anything. I'd never cheat" I told her honestly and she sucked in a sharp breath.

"You have five minutes, what happened?"

"I heard someone walk in the door and I realized that I had forgotten my shampoo in my room. So I just said hey and it was Kayla that answered me. I asked her to get my shampoo and she did. When she brought it back to me she slipped in a puddle on the floor that was outside the tub. As she fell she grabbed the shower curtain and instead of falling backwards she fell into the shower. That's why she was on top of me, she wasn't on top of me for my dick. It was truly an accident that Taylor caught out of context and started making assumptions. He told you something that wasn't true due to the fact that he was so caught up in what a huge whore Kayla is. I don't see how she moved in here with him, he always thinks she's cheating but it's crazy because only a few hours ago he possibly got a girl pregnant so yeah. I didn't cheat on you with Kayla and Kayla didn't betray you. She'd never do that, she loves you. I think it really hurt her when you yelled at her like that and I'd rather you two make it right before you and I did. I don't even know where she is and that's dangerous for her" I finished explaining and Grace looked at me with soft eyes.