Chapter 23

I felt a light push on my shoulder and slowly opened my eyes to see an old man in about his 50's with a beard and raggedy clothes staring at me. I gave him a small smile and sat up on the bench.

"Spare change?" The man asked and I frowned.

"Sorry I don't have any money with me but I'd give you some if I did" I told him politely and that was the honest truth, he looks like he needs it more than I do anyways. "You can sit if you want" I patted the seat beside me and he forced a smile before sitting down.

"So what are you doing here? You've been asleep on the bench for awhile and you don't have bags" He asked confused.

"My boyfriend said he needed a break and flew back to his home town, Indiana, he has to come back sometime and when he does, I'll be here" I told the old man and he smiled at me. "What brings you here?" I asked.

"Well about a year ago my wife of thirty years passed away, I was laid off from my job, I wasn't making money so I lost my house and car. I couldn't get another job because I couldn't do anything else. I went to college for one thing and never could afford to go back" the man said and I felt nauseous.

Wow, I feel like a wimp now.

"I'm so sorry. Look at me, crying about my boyfriend and then I realize how hard others have it, I'm sorry" I told him and he gave me a weak smile.

"It's okay, you obviously need him now more than ever" he said looking at my stomach. "Just don't forget, cherish the ones you love while you still have them because tomorrow everything you once loved or knew could be gone in the blink of an eye." And with that he walked off.

I pulled out my phone and decided to go on Twitter. Not to look, to tweet and then get off. Words of wisdom should be shared.

@kaylajones13: cherish the ones you love while you still have them because tomorrow everything you once loved or knew could be gone in the blink of an eye

I sighed and then got off of Twitter before getting a text.

little brother- you okay?

Nope, not really.

me- wanna hangout?

little brother- sure I'm at Nash and Cam's apartment

me- k see ya in a little bit

I locked my phone and looked at the time, 10:30am.

I grabbed my blanket and walked out to my car before heading on the long trip to LA.

Taylor;

I got off the plane at around 10:30 in the morning and called my brother to come get me. We didn't talk on the car ride because I was too angry and upset to speak to anyone at the moment.

My phone beeped and a notification from Twitter popped up.

@kaylajones13: cherish the ones you love while you still have them because tomorrow everything you once loved or knew could be gone in the blink of an eye

I stared at the tweet and then locked my phone as we pulled into the drive way.

I approached the door and turned the knob to see my mom standing there. I ran up to her and engulfed her in a hug before pulling back.

"I missed you so much Taylor. How is everything?" Mom said and I walked with her to the living room and we sat down on the couch.

"There's a lot you've missed mom, we really need to talk" I told her and checked to make sure my brother had left the room and no one else was in there. "Okay well here goes nothing" I took a deep breathe as she waited. "I'm gonna be a father" I said and she was taken back.