Chapter 53

I woke up to my phone ring and I mentally groaned when I saw that it was eight o'clock in the morning.

"Kayla I need your help like right now." Louis said the moment I answered my phone.

I rubbed my eyes and rolled over in bed. "How can I help?"

"I'm proposing to Lilli today, but the plan has got to work out perfectly. She's asleep in my bed right now, I need you here for when she wakes up." Louis seemed in a rush and I could hear he was moving around.

"Alright I'm getting ready and I'll be there in 15. What do I do after that?" I questioned.

"Take her to our old school, I'll text you the directions. But don't let her know where you're going, blindfold her or something. Drive around for a little at first so she doesn't have any idea" he explained.

"I'm not really one to kidnap, Louis" I joked with him.

"Kayla, I'm proposing to her, do this for me" he said and I held in my laughs.

"I was joking, you should know. What time are you planning on proposing like when should I have her at the school?" I asked.

"As soon as she wakes up and you drive around, it'll take me like thirty minutes tops to set up. I know she won't wake up for thirty minutes or so" Louis told me and I had the perfect plan for how all this was going to go down.

"Alright, I'm so excited" I almost squealed but I didn't want to wake anyone up.

"Okay, I'll text you, I've got to go. Thank you Kayla!"

"Of course, I'll see you later!" And with that we hung up.

I jumped up out of bed and quietly changed into a pair of jeans and a hoodie. I slipped on a pair of vans and applied some makeup and put my hair up in a ponytail. After doing this, I grabbed my keys and got in my truck.

I drove all the way to Louis' house and tried to contain my excitement and keep my mouth shut as I pulled into the driveway. I hope my truck wasn't too loud and I didn't wake her up coming in. I guess Louis left the door unlocked because I was able to walk right in.

Once I got inside I grabbed a bottle of water and took a seat criss cross on the counter.

I heard Lilli get up and foot steps coming down the hall, I tried to be quiet. She sleepily walked into the kitchen and rubbed her eyes as she walked to the fridge.

"I've been expecting you" I hopped down from where I was sitting on the counter.

Lilli jumped at the voice and hit the back of her head on the cold, metal, refrigerator door. She fell down and her eyes closed, she was out cold.

I instantly hopped down from the counter and tried not to laugh at what had just happened, it really wasn't funny. I knelt down beside her and thought this was a good of time as any to get her in the truck.

I leaned down and picked Lilli up under her armpits and put her over my shoulder. I carried her through the house and out the front door. After I laid her down in the back seat I grabbed the blind fold from the front and put it over her eyes. I wasn't sure if this was cruelty or not, I mean how is she gonna know if she's awake or not. I shut the door and cranked the car, backing out into the street.