Ch. 57

Kierra's POV

I sat in the middle of the bed and stared at nothing. I soon saw a figure forming. It was a hazy outline of a small human. Olly?

"Olly? I can see your outline without being in spirit form!" I smile and the shape seems to dance around. Definitely Olly.

After a while, it comes closer. The bed indents where he sits. "I have to go to hell soon..." I look over at him. "Isn't that the lower world? Or called underworld or something? Truthfully I'm scared, but my mom said it was going to be part of my destiny." I lay back and feel the bed shift with the figure moving closer to me.

"Maybe actually hearing what you have to say would help." I chuckle and close my eyes. My spirit lifts and I'm sitting on the bed by Olly.

"You're getting good at that now." He smiles wide, then he turns serious. "I wouldn't travel to the underworld until you talk to Fall though." He seemed scared to speak about it.

"Why? I mean, is there some special training I need?" I watch him as he fidgets.

"No, more like... guidelines? Rules? Knowledge." He looks everywhere but me.

"Well, let's go see Fall ok." I smile and rub his back. He calms down a little and goes to scoot off the bed.

I follow him and we pass through walls and go to the familiar room where I meet Fall to train.

"Kierra, nice to see you came." Fall hugged me when I entered.

I squeezed her back and we parted. "Everything ok?" I ask and she nods.

"Oh yes! I just want to start working on elemental magic with you soon. So I need to see what you're affinities are. Or how strong they are to be precise." She starts to ramble.

One thing I noticed about Fall and Olly is that they are the perfect duo. Fall has all the knowledge and know-how while Olly can do more than Fall when magic is involved. He was a protege when he was alive. Fall was always and still is, very proud of him.

"I need to do something first," I say to her before she gets too lost in thought.

"What's that?" She turns and asks. I know she is only half listening to me though.

"She wants to travel to the lower world." Olly walks over to his sister.

The atmosphere intensified with thick tension. Fall seemed frozen and time stood still. When she did move her face held a pain I have never seen before.

"Please... my Queen, do not go to the underworld. It is far too horrifying and dangerous." Her voice was barely above a whisper.

"My mother said it is destiny. And I will eventually have to travel there. So I was going to do it sooner rather than later." I fold my arms. I didn't get why it was a big deal to everyone. I would just pop in, see what's up and leave. Hell couldn't be all that bad... right?

"Kierra, the underworld is a labyrinth. Only the demons that live there can traverse the maze. The Devil also does not take kindly to intruders in his realm. We can't protect you there." Fall held a shaky hand up and walked forward.

"We can't lose our Queen... our salvation." she held my hand and a tear broke off and rolled down her cheek.

I pull her into a hug and rub her back. "I know... and I'm terrified of going, but I need to. For myself as much as the future of our people."

It felt weird, but this may have been the first time I thought of myself as a future ruler. And deep inside I knew I needed to go. It was important to what the whole future of witch kind. Good or bad, I was going.

I pulled back and kissed the top of her head. She sniffed and took a few steps back. "Olly can show you how." With that, she walked through a wall and disappeared.

Olly was quiet the whole time. Even though he looked just as sad as his sister. I turn to him and wait.

"Ok, first you need to think of digging. Your soul has been in the middle and upper world. Getting to the lower world is new." He goes and sits on a box.

"What do I need to know about it?" I ask him as I sit on the floor.

"It's a very greedy place. They only care about themselves, even if the demons are acting like they want to help, it's a lie." Olly shook his head sadly.

   "Olly, if you don't mind me asking. How do you know all this?" I lean forward resting my head on my hands.

    He looks at me for a while then down at the ground. "I've been there... with Fall, Tasha, Lenny, Ren, and our mom." He looked close to tears.

    I didn't want to but my mouth spoke before I knew it. "What happened." I inwardly kicked myself.

    He hopped off the box and walked away. "I and Fall were the only ones that came back." He walked through a wall and after 10 minutes I knew he wasn't coming back for a while.

    I stood and went in the direction he had gone. Peeking out I didn't see him. Wandering around wouldn't do me any good so I stayed in the room and worked on my magic.

   Fall came back after an hour and didn't say anything about her brother. "If you're going to go to the underworld I would hurry. Time runs differently there, just like the upper world. Sometimes it's fast, sometimes slow." She then gives me a small package.

    "What's this?" I smile and take it.

    "Your survival." she watches as I open it. Inside is a necklace with a cross and a vial inside it.

    "A cross?" I put it on. I knew it would ward off demons but in their realm? I wasn't sure.

    "The vial has holy water. Do you know your bible verses?" She had a blank face. I'm pretty sure she was trying to keep it together.

    "Yeah, I'm not religious, but I know a few." I set the box down.

    "Sit." She points down and I do as she says. "Think of yourself sinking. Like your being pulled down."

    I close my eyes and imagine a force pulling at me. Instantly I feel drawn to the ground. I felt heavy and being pulled through the cement and earth.

    "Please come back safe." I heard Fall call out to me. I would, that's before I felt the heat.

The Vampires Mate (editing)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara