Ch. 34

Danian's POV

     We finished getting ready and I guided her out the door. I was still trying to control myself while around her so I wouldn't scare her, but inside I just wanted to break shit.

   My rage also flared my hunger which again made my anger worse. The vicious cycle made my head spin. I was surprised I was even somewhat composed.

    When we made it to the shop we did our greetings and went straight to business. Kierra started by telling her dream to the others. She was more confident than when she told me. Most likely because it was fresh in her mind when she had told me about it.

    The others listened intently and when she was done Serina ran to her in tears. I and Nathan glanced at each other and he motioned for me to follow. I nodded and we went to the storage room in the back.

    "Dude.. how are you taking this? You ok?" He put a hand on my shoulder and I shrugged.

    "No I'm not ok.. but I told her I was. I'm furious that there maybe someone else out there that's better for her than me. I care for her... I don't see her as a pet or a plaything... she's unique, beautiful, strong, smart... she's not like female vampires who are all snobby and think they own everything in their presence." I ranted and stopped trying to regain my composure.

   "And Sherryl? I don't think I've seen her act like that. Maybe snooty and flirty but she does know her place when it's best." Nate leaned against some boxes and had a hand in his pocket. He was amused at my dismay at the situation.

    "Listen here you cocky assbutt... don't get smug with me. Yes, Sherryl does act differently but I and her have a new understanding. And we are just friends, nothing else." I stare him down daring him to challenge me.

   He stands and lifts his hands in surrender. "Ok, I get it, dude." He blew a puff of breath out and turned away. "So.. are you going to keep pretending or are you going to talk to her?"

    "I did.. she knows I don't like it, but I couldn't stand seeing her hurt so I said I would help her." I lower my head and felt the judgment coming from my friend.

   "Bro... it's all gonna come out soon and then what? She is going to be hurt worse. And if she finds her another mate when your around what are you going to do? Knowing you you're going to want to rip his heart out and snap his neck."

   "I don't know what I'll do... but I do know I want her happy. I did mean it when I said I would help her. I plan on making that my priority right now."

    "Priority? Are you forgetting something, your highness?" Nate shakes his head disapprovingly.

    "... I'm a king now... I guess I do have other things to attend to now don't I. But how am I going to help her if I'm leading a country?!" I pace and I want to punch something. Anything.

    "Bro... first off I'm going to get a blood bag for you." He disappears for a few seconds before returning with a bag. I grab it and sink my fangs into it. The liquid fills my mouth and I instantly feel better. My rage lessens and my hunger is being satiated.

   When I'm done I look back at Nate. "Now... the second thing is this. You have me, dude.. your not in this alone and quite frankly I'm offended. The girls are sisters and I found Kierra and Serina. As much as I hate to admit it, they grew on me. I'll be right there with you in any way you need."

   He held out his hand and I gave him the bag. Which was replaced by a full one. I drank it with more control this time and tossed it in the trash.

    "Right. I got this. I can be a king and still help her find her destiny or whatever." I sigh. It wasn't going to be easy for me. But Nate had a point.

    "So what's the first step boss?" Nate smiled and I chuckled.

    "How does being a royal advisor sound to you? It's quite an upgrade from pet master."

    "As long as the pay is good" he winks and we go out to the main room laughing.

    The girls and Xavier are all on the floor playing some weird game where they try to slap each other's hands while the other tries to pull back before getting hit.

    "Xavier, come here," Nathan commands his pet.

   He responds immediately and leaves the girls to stand in front of his master. Lycans are so much like dogs. But very hard to find and train. I doubt the boy would be as loyal if it weren't for the girls.

    "We may need to use you for some important matters in the future concerning the girls. So not only will you listen to me but you will also obey our new king." He motions to me and continues. "Understood?"

   "Yes sir." The lycan nods and bows to me. "I would do anything to help the girls, your highness. Just breathe the words and it's done."

   "How good a fighter are you?" I ask. Looking at him he doesn't seem like much, and he most likely didn't start his pack training before being captured. But even still, his kind is strong and instincts do take over when needed.

    "I am decent, I could hold off a vampire if needed, but not for long." He shifted nervously.

   "That's fine. You and the girls will all train together then. I have a friend I can call to be your teacher. Kierra, Serina did you hear me?" I look up and the girls both nodded. There was a determined look on my precious Kierra and it saddened me knowing she was going on her path. But I was also going on mine.

   The realization hit me then. We may be on different paths, but as friends, I knew we would always be there. My love for her would always show and as long as she knew what she wanted who was I to change that. She was going to be a Queen someday. We would be great allies.

   Me and my Kierra.