Ch. 2

Kierra's POV

   I've never been this far into the town. The deeper you go the harder it is to hide. But the food is easier to find. Nathan takes me to a building and knocks on the door. After a while, an elderly woman opened up.

   "Nathan, good to see you, how may I be of assistance to you?" She was very formal but I could see she was afraid. Her frail body was weak with age and she had a cane to lean on.

   "Beatrice, looking lovely as always. I would like to have you make a bowl of soup for me. Can you have it ready in a few minutes?" He smiled and leaned towards the woman speaking a bit louder.

   "Of course let me just get the ingredients ready. I'll do my best." She opened the door all the way and slowly made her way back into the house.

   Nathan took my arm and nudged me in. I followed her into a tiny living room and she motioned for me to sit. Nathan wasn't behind me so I looked around to find anything to use as a weapon or an escape.

   "I wouldn't advise anything stupid while we are here... If you want food behave. Beatrice is making food on her day off to appease me so you should be grateful.." he glared at me and I flinched back.

   We waited for 30 minutes. Nathan occasionally went to check on the elderly lady. He came back with a small bowl of soup and a piece of bread. My mouth watered at the site.

   "Eat." Nathan commanded and he didn't need to tell me twice. I scarfed down the food as the older woman entered. She smiled and sat in a chair across from me.

    "Beatrice, thank you. Tomorrow I'll let you have an extra break. You need to keep your strength." Nathan went and shook her hand.

    She nodded and smiled her thanks as I finished my food. It tasted amazing. Easily the best thing I've ever had.

   Nathan took my bowl and disappeared, only to reappear a moment later. "Let's go. " he nudged me to the door and I followed his lead. We left and he took my arm again.

    "Close your eyes. " he commanded and I flinched. His tone changed drastically from when we were in the old woman's presence. I obeyed and squeaked as I felt my feet leave the ground. My arms flew up and grabbed the vampires' shoulders.

   He held me close and I felt a breeze go by. The temptation to open my eyes was immediate but I didn't for fear of what I would see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Damian's pov

    The servants went about doing their work as I leaned on the stair's railing. I was bored and my previous slave had angered me. I sent her away to be a donor. I need a new slave.. no... I need a pet. Yeah, I'll get a pretty little pet to take with me places and show off. I can get a slave for when I'm here.

    Looks like I need to call my friend Nathan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nathan's POV

    I ran with the girl in my arms thinking of what I needed to do to get her ready for auction. She needed to gain at least 5 pounds, a shower, and I needed to train her. That would be interesting.

   I was almost to my shop in the vampire district when my phone started ringing in my pocket. I scowled but slowed down to a stop. I set the girl down and dug for my phone. The caller id said it was Damian. I grinned and answered.

    "Hey bro, what's up?" I start walking and drag the girl with me. My shop was about 5 blocks away so it wasn't far to walk.

   Damian laughed and greeted me. "Hey man. I sent my slave to be a donor. I'm thinking of getting a pet. I need something to calm my nerves from time to time. I'll get another slave once I settle with the pet. Got any good ones?"

   Nathan thought for a moment. The pets he had at the shop weren't going to be good enough for his buddy. They were all too tame.. then he looked at the human he had beside him and an idea hit him. A rogue was working progress, but they were tough. And this one knew how to pick her fights.

    "I think I have just what you need man. Stop by the shop tomorrow night and I'll show her to you. I just picked her up." He felt the female stiffen at his words and he smiled.

   "Can I come to see her tonight? I don't want to make the trip for nothing tomorrow." Damian seemed a bit impatient.

    "Yeah, I'll just bathe her before you come. Give me 30." With that, he hung up the phone and walked faster. They were a block away.

   "Where are you taking me? I don't want to be sold.." Nathan rolled his eyes at the girl. He would have to teach her a lesson before Damian came. Better he did it than Damian.

   They entered the shop and dragged the girl who was now fighting him to the back. He figured she would get some fight in her once she got some food in her.

   "You need to learn who's in charge here.." he threw her against one of the cages and the humans inside scurried to the back.

    "I hate vampires! And I won't listen to the likes of you!" She screamed at him. Hmmm... maybe he gave her too much food. She was spunky for someone in a pet shop.

   "Do you now? Please do tell me more.." I pulled her to the bathing area and picked her up by her waist. And tossed her into a tub. She was small so she fits perfectly inside it with more room than I had thought. "Strip." I looked at her and she froze.

    "N..no.." she fidgeted and I groaned. Why did she need to be difficult? I grab her hair and yank it just enough to make her feel pain. Then I grabbed her shirt and tore it off her body. She screamed and flailed around trying to make me let go of her.