Ch. 10

Kierra's POV

   I woke up feeling well-rested. I think it was the best sleep I ever got in my life. I stretch and loved the feeling of my muscles pulling. It gives them a chance to breathe and it wakes me up faster. I notice that I'm alone in the bed, however. I sit up and look around rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

   "Damian?" I say with a half sleepy tone. No answer. I yawn and move the covers to swing my legs over the bed. I hop down and shuffle to the bathroom. Once in I scrub my face with cold water and look at myself in the mirror. I don't look special. I feel like I look decent enough tho. My looks never really mattered to me anyway. I was more focused on how I was going to get my next meal.

   At the thought of food, my stomach growled. As if on cue the door opened and I peaked out. It was Damian with a tray. Walking out I look from the tray to him and he smiles.

   "Your breakfast my sleepy-eyed pet." He lifted a lid and my mouth watered. It was biscuits with a kind of liquid over them. It smelled heavenly and I dug in. "Its biscuits and sausage gravy. Oh, and here this is bacon." He opens another lid and 3 strips of meat were revealed.

   As I ate he worked at his desk. This was more food than I had in a week! I loved it. When I was done I leaned against the couch. My tummy full and a smile plastered on my face.

   "Judging by your look I'd say you liked it." He laughed as I looked over at him.

   "That was the best thing I ever had." A burp escapes and I giggle. "Excuse me."

    He smiles and motions me to come to him. I stand and make my way over. When I'm beside him he gently brings me around so I'm in front of him and in between his legs. I blush slightly wondering what he's doing.

    "Someones a messy eater." He smiles and swipes his thumb over the corner of my mouth catching excess gravy. My blush deepens and he licks the gravy off his thumb. A ping hits inside my chest and my heart beats faster. What is this feeling? Why did I react like that?

    Maybe because it was sexy. No... he's a vampire, furthermore my master. Something I hated to think about but none the less, true. I couldn't think of things like that. Damian leans in closer and I freeze. His eyes stay locked with mine and his face inches away.

   "Maybe I should clean you off more hmm?" He smirked and my whole body felt like it was on fire. Damian glanced down at my lips and instantly I bit them. Not out of habit or anything. I just.. did.

   A low seductive growl dominated from his throat. "And then you go and pull that? Tell me, Kierra, are you trying to tempt me?" His husky tone made my knees shake and I wanted so bad to just melt into him. He wrapped an arm around the small of my back and pulled me in ever so slightly. I bit my lip again and my hand flies to his chest. Every muscle was strong and hard. My waist was pressed against his and I felt a hard pointy thing. I gulp and try to glance down but he held me with his eyes.

   He slowly started to lean in and I released my lip. My body seeming to react on its own. I felt like I was being drawn to him. We were centimeters away and my eyelids fluttered closed.

Knock knock

The sound of the door snapped us both out of our trance. Damian growled lowly and gently stood me back, away from him. I was saddened but immediately obliged.

   "Go sit on the couch." He instructed as he got up to answer the door. I sat crisscrossed and turned sideways to see who it was. Nathan stood in the doorway and he had someone else with him too. Damian stepped aside and they both entered.

   "This is Dee, shes a recent I got, and she's still rough around the edges, so I brought her with me to train her more." He nodded to Damian who shrugged.

   "When did you get her?" He asked looking at the girl. A pang of jealousy hit me but I didn't move or speak.

   "After you took that one." He nodded his head towards me. "Dee, this is Kierra. She got a master the night she was captured. I have the same hope's for you. So behave now." He patted her head and she went to bite him. He grabbed her throat and pinned her against the wall.

   She gagged and struggled to get air. Grabbing at his arm futilely. Damian waited with a calm expression on his face while Nathan looked murderous.

   "We do not bite. If you bite then I get to bite. And you won't like it when I bite back." He grinned and his fangs shined through. "Do I make myself clear?" The girl gasped and was turning a dark red almost purple color. She tried to nod but didn't have much room.

   Nathan let go and she fell to the floor coughing and wheezing. He turned towards me with a placid face and took out a folder from a bag he had. How did I not see that before?

   "Nate, how long will this take? I have work to do later on." Damian folded his arms.

   "Not long bro. I just need basic info, temperament, and medical info. Shouldn't take more than an hour or 2." He smiled over at his friend who groaned.

   "Ok... let's speed this up." He turned towards me. "Have you ever been to the doctor?"

   I was confused. "Um... no?"

   "See, medical done. As far as temperament she's headstrong, smart, calculating, and careful. She can have a mean streak tho." Damian looked calm as he gave Nathan the info.

   "So I guess that leaves just the basic info. That's around 30 minutes. Does that please your highness?" He smirks as Damian cringed.

   "If you want to live to see tomorrow night I wouldn't call me that again. Vlad hasn't died and my father can still choose to be king." The disdain on his face was obvious.

   "Dracula isn't a ruling type dude. He's the torture humans and enslaves all types that would rather kill them rather than be civil about it and use them as we do. Doesn't he only have like... 2 servants and a donor?" Nathan writes something in the folder as he talks.

   "My father is a difficult vampire.. but he was raised to be a leader, just as I have been raised to be a leader. If he decides he wants to take over when Vladimir Bloodstone dies, then I can not stop him."

   "I suppose so. Now, let's finish here so you can go be awesome and I have more time to hunt pets and train this one." Nate tugs on the leash and the girl tries to resist.