Ch. 42

Damian's POV

I know she is scared but I couldn't comfort her. Not in front of these vampires. Phalisity would make a connection soon, even without my coldness to Kierra.

She was the best damn mad scientist that there ever was. And a damn good fighter. Which reminds me...

"So how exactly did they detain you?" I look at her and all she does is smile. The crazy loon...

I shake my head and keep walking. "Let's go back to my room so you can clean up. Then we will head to Nates shop."

"Oh, that's right. Little Nathanial has a pet place doesn't he." I don't like the way she talks about Nate. Like he's a child that she used to babysit.

"He likes going by Nate or Nathan." I correct her.

"mmm, so what about you Damian, I see you have yourself a beautiful little human." She eyed Kierra and it made me want to shut the whole thing down.

"Yes, I'm aware, but you will be training Nathan's pets. Not her. " I led her towards my room and the closer we the more tense Kierra seemed to get. I don't think she liked the idea of Phalisity inside our room.

"Your pet seems different Damian." Phalisity cut in my thoughts. Damn that woman and her perceptions... there was a reason why she was the best though.

"I'm aware of that as well, but I do assure you she is normal." Normal for a witch at least.

"Hmmm. Well if you say so.." she looked around the hall. Always the observer.

"We are getting ready to head over to the shop so it will only be a moment." We stop in front of the door and I know she gets what I said.

"You don't want me in the room, got it." She waved me off.

We enter the room and Kierra waits till I close the door to start with her protesting.

"I don't want her around my sister! Or Xavier! She's crazy! Why would you suggest that she train them?! Now I know why Nate had that reaction.." she turned in defiance and folded her arms over her chest.

"She is a good fighter Kierra... and believe it or not she tame right now. If I didn't trust her I wouldn't let her near you or the others. But I know she won't do anything major." She spun around.

"Major?! What's that supposed to mean!"

"She a scientist Kierra.. she makes observations and tests them out. She can do it without physically touching you..." I was a little annoyed she didn't trust my judgment.

"That's exactly right Damian, ...and just so you know, .....you 2 need to work on your lovers quarrel another time. I'm anxious to see my pupils." Phalisity is standing in the door with a smirk.

Kierra gasps and I sigh. Women... I swear, I need to have 1 day without them.

"Go clean up.. you're bloody." I point to the bathroom and she skips over and bops my nose.

"Your such a good-looking king." She winks and goes to clean up.

Kierra's fuming. "I prefer Sheryl!!" She angry whispers.

"Hmm, shall I call her then?" I smile knowing she would yell at me for that if I did.

~~~~~~~A few moments later~~~~~~

After everyone was ready I called Nate to let him know we were on our way.

"So does Nathan still have that one girl he liked with him?" Phalisity asked.

"Unfortunately no, ...and please don't bring her up. He has just gotten to where he's ok now."

"Hmm, I do know when to keep observation to myself. Mr. Im in love with my pet. " she looked up and that grin was plastered on her face again.

"I do love her, we just aren't making our feeling known to others." It feels weird talking about Kierra while she's right here.

''Is that due to the fact she's a witch?"

I freeze and Kierra hides behind me. How the fuck did she find out! There was nothing that would even lead on to what she was!

"Damian, .....you should keep your desk clean, ...and important documents hidden. It's easy to snoop for even a second." She continues walking and doesn't say anything else.

I don't know what to say, I glance at Kierra and she looks like she's seen a ghost.

"It's ok, your going to be fine." I smile but she glares at me.

"Damian! Are we on a schedule?" Phalisity calls back and I usher Kierra along.

We get to the shop and Nathan practically shoves Xavier and Serina to the pet area.

"Awe, you don't want me to meet your pets, Nathanial?" She asks and her voice sounds velvety. She's gotten better at acting.

"It's Nathan... not Nathanial." He glares at her.

"So much hostility in such a cute man." She winks. "So I'm supposed to train your pets from what Damian says. But here's my question. Why? Is it to protect her?" She motions over to Kierra.

"That's none of your business." Nate shoots back.

"Considering our king is in an affair with his pet witch I think it is. On top of that, I smelled the lycan. And I'm curious, doesn't he know how to fight already? Or did the pup not learn anything from his pack?" She went over and plopped up on the desk.

"Phalisity, we cant give you all the details. But please, as a friend help us." I unclipped Kierra and she practically ran to the back where the other 2 were.

Phalisity watches her and waits until she's gone.

"Damian, I'm going to find out anyway... I know you don't trust me with a lot but quite frankly I could care less about your rule-breaking. You're looking at the queen of rule-breaking." She points to herself and gives me a look that tells me she thinks I'm an idiot.

This was going to be a long story...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, my beautiful lovelies. I know it's been a bit slow of an update but I've been busy. And today was my birthday! 21! I can now go to the bar to get my Bahama mamas now. And not make at home tequila sunrises. (I mean... I'm a good girl... I would never drink underage, nor do I condone it.)

Anyway, I know you all were dying to know what happened so I fed you this artwork.

And a question... who's point of view do you like? And who do want to hear from? I try to keep it even between Kierra and Damian. But I also love tossing in the side characters for a bit of change. I wanna hear from you guys more though. I see my notifications blowing up with people adding this to their reading list so ^.^ it makes me a happy Marlena.

I may do a q and a as well if you want. Just comment a question and I'll answer it in one of the next few chapters.