Ch. 71

Kierra's POV

I woke up the next night and stretched. As I looked around I noticed I was the first one up. Both of the guys were still asleep.

I stand up and stretched some more. The floor wasn't that comfy and I had gotten used to sleeping in a bed.

By the time I was done Luka started to wake up. "Morning." He said smiling.

"Night." I laugh as he rolls his eyes. This makes Damian wake up. "What's on the agenda for today?" I ask them.

"Well, I'm free all day. It was a surprise to me when I found that out yesterday." Damian stands up and walks to one of the couches.

"Since you're getting better at moving things with your mind, I think it would be interesting to see if you can start to read minds too." Luka yawned.

I liked that idea. "I can do small thoughts if I concentrate." I grin. Luka smiled and motioned to Damian.

"Damian can help since he has the day off." Let's see how long they can handle each other. I think before Damian joins in the conversation.

"Let me go get food. Do what you need to warm up." He told me and I nodded as he left.

"Kierra, have you been practicing your energy control?" Luka asked.

"Yeah, like right now you have calm energy. And Fall is somewhere down the hall. Olly is up in the attic running around with another spirit." I smile at him.

"Impressive, can you tell me the difference in energy? As far as the type of being they are?" He asked me.

"No, I haven't gotten that good yet." I frown thinking of ways to get better.

"It's ok, you aren't around many beings so it's going to be hard. But you'll get it." Luka said.

"Maybe Fall and Olly can help with that." I drift off to my thoughts.

"Here, warm up your mind. Move a few things. Keep it light and easy." Luka waved around the room.

"Ok" I look around and move a few things around. Damian comes back shortly after that and I take time to eat breakfast.

"How does she start reading minds?" Damian asked as he sipped on a glass.

"Since she is getting better at energy reading it won't be too different." Luka finishes the last of the cranberries.

"But vampires don't have energy," I tell him.

"That's not entirely true. They don't give off live energy as we do. But their brains still give off energy. You have to focus on it to feel it." Luka explained.

"That does make sense. We wouldn't be able to function without the electricity in our brain." Damian, you ready?" Luka smiled and I nodded.

"Focus on Damian, his being wont hold the energy, but his mind will. That's your main point. Then tune into it like you are trying to find the right key to fit." Luka explained.

I did what he said. At first, I couldn't feel anything. It was frustrating to try and block out the energy around me. I focused on his mind and tried to zero in on something. Like when I did it the first time.

Then I did feel something. It was like a spark. I jumped and looked at Luka. "I felt it!" Excitedly I looked back into Damian's mind and tried to grab that spark again. I found it quicker than the first time and followed it deeper. There was a network of sparks and energies. It made my head all fuzzy. My head began to spin and I felt myself pull away from the sparks.

"Kierra!" I heard my name being called. "Kierra, wake up!" A pat on my cheek pulled me to my senses.

"What?" I sit up and both Damian and Luka had worried expressions.

"You fainted," Luka told me. "You probably got overwhelmed from the difference in energy."

"Are you ok?" Damian asked quietly. I nodded my head. I felt ok, my head was ringing a little bit, but I was fine.

"What happened?" I ask and move my neck around to stretch it.

"I think all the focusing in on a single point was too much. Vampires don't have normal energy either. So why don't we do this again and try it with me." Luka said.

I nodded and took a deep breath. Then I focused on Luka. His energy was easy, calm relaxed. I slipped into it easily. Going to the energy in his mind I closed my eyes and felt around. I seemed to be moving with his mind. I probed deeper into one of the currents and gasped.

My eyes opened and I was breathing heavily. Luka looked at me with a grin. "What did I think of Doll?" He asked quietly.

"You just said my name," I told him. He nodded. It shocked me to hear what he was thinking. I felt it through my mind.

"Now, do it again with me and then we will go to Damian." Luka encouraged.

"Ok, this time think of something different," I tell him.

"A number between 1 and 1,000," Damian added.

Luka nodded and I closed my eyes. After going through his mind the first time it was easier the second. I found a current and dove in. '101' I heard Luka think.

Opening my eyes I grin. 101, I tell him. "Yup, that's awesome! You were faster that time. So now let's try it with Damian."

"Why that number?" Damian asked.

"Cause, it looks like the old world's texting lingo for lol." Damian rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"What's lol?" I ask them.

"It means laugh out loud," Damian told me. "Now I'll think of a number."

I close my eyes and focus on him. I cant latch on to anything though. He doesn't have rushing waves of energy like Luka. I zero in on his mind and push deeper. I see the sparks starting up again.

Ok, I think I'm getting it. Damian isn't like Luka, his energy will be different. Luka has lots of flowing energy that remind me of a river. Gliding along its course. Damian's is more sparatic and looks like lightning bugs.