Ch. 21

Damian's POV

I wake up just as the sun begins to set. The King and my father would be here soon. I look over and see Kierra sleeping. This beautiful angel didn't deserve any of this.

Shaking her slightly she groans. "Get up, we need to get ready," I speak firmly. She rolls over sleepy-eyed and yawns.

"Ok, just 5 more minutes." She closes her eyes and I shake my head. I scoop her up as she shot her protests.

"You can sleep more tonight. Get your shorts on before I find you too tempting to let go." I see her face flush and it gives me a certain satisfaction.

A knock on the door made us both turn to it. I set Kierra down and she grabs her shorts as I point to the cage. She nods and shimmies into her clothes and hurries to the cage.

Answering the door I see a slave boy. He bows and makes his announcement. "The king and your father will be in the dining hall in 15 minutes. They asked that you be there to greet them.

I nod and send him off, then closing the door I see Kierra with a leash in her hand. She's smiling up at me. She's ready for this, more than I am.

Taking the leash I sigh. "Remember, they think of you as nothing more than food, trash even. Don't do anything to provoke them, don't look in their eyes. Look as weak and broken as possible." She nods and her smile disappears.

We walk down to the dining hall and I sit in my usual seat. Kierra sits beside me and glances up. I glare at her reminding her not to look. She looks down and pouts.

Soon I see my father walk in. He nods to me and we shake hands firmly. "Your grandfather is coming now." We both look to the door and my grandfather comes in. He is old even for a vampire, so he takes his time. Dracula pulls a chair out and sits Vladimir in it. Then takes the seat beside him.

"The other vampires will be here shortly. Most don't make it down until 12." I smile at my grandfather. "Did you receive my letters about the blood?"

"Yes my boy, I believe what you propose will work. 3 times a month we will collect blood from the humans." He nodded and I shook his hand.

"Thank you grandfather, this will boost our supply. It will last for 3 months before we will be where we need to be. Then after that 2 more for back storage. Then I reduce it to every other week and keep it there." I lay my plan out and he nods in approval.

The other vampires started to show. News that the king was here really stirred them up. Food was served and everyone waited on Vlad. He would take the first bite before we started.

We ate and talked about things at home. Then my father seemed to take an interest in Kierra.

"You have a pet now I see. Good, have you drank from her yet? She smells divine." He licked his lips and Kierra stayed put.

"Mmm, I have. I'm making sure she is in good health when I do." I sip the blood in my glass. I wasn't planning on feeding on her while they were here. I hope they don't push it.

"Bah! You young vampires these days... worried about a human's health. Back in my day we just grabbed a human and drank!" Vladimir started shaking his head.

"Yes, well I do not wish to keep purchasing pets. And the human population is steadily decreasing. Soon we will need to have more breeders. Or make them breed more often." I set my glass down and my father nods.

"Indeed, in fact, we have an announcement to make. I will be making my son the new head councilman of the board." He grinned and raised his glass. I and the others followed and cheered. My father now was in charge of enforcing the vampire laws and passing judgment.

"Thank you all. I appreciate the support. And I thank my father, the king, that he respects my decision not to rule and instead allowing my son to be next in line." He raises his glass and more cheers and clapping went on.

"Damian, why not drink from your pet now? Or shall I have the honors of tasting her first?" He looked hungrily at Kierra and my insides boiled. No one was drinking from her unless it was me.

"Stand pet." She stood immediately. "Give me your wrist." I held out my hand and she gingerly placed it in.

She was shaking a bit and I could feel her pulse quickening. She was scared but not showing it. I lifted her wrist to my mouth and extended my fangs. Looking over at my father and grandfather I bite down. Harder than I had wanted to I might add.

Kierra let a small cry escape but still held her ground. I gulped the blood that was now freely flowing into my mouth. I close my eyes loving the sweet succulent taste. It as if her blood was the perfect cure for my craving. Drinking more I lost track of how much I was taking.

I heard a whimper and look to see Kierra wobbling. I was taking too much. I release my fangs and lick my lips. Then I lick the wound so it closes up. "Good, you've served me well, now sit."

I turn my attention to the king and he nods in approval. I hear a small plop as Kierra half sits half falls. I resist the urge to make sure she's ok.

"I don't like to share, sorry grandfather." He simply laughs and waves me off.

"Oh, my dear grandson. It is not a problem." He takes a drink and we finish our meal. Standing I take the leash that was attached to Kierra. Tugging I glance and see her sit up slowly, then stand. She's still a bit shaky but not as bad.

We all walk out and head to the entrance. "The town is a simple one. Nothing too impressive so I hope you didn't come with high expectations." I grin and so do my family.