Ch. 50

Kierra's POV

"The sun in the sky shines bright. The moon in the night provides a light. The earth all around is stable and sound. And the wind in the trees shows us what is found."

The reminder was the last thing I heard before the darkness took away the light.

I woke to Damian gently shaking me. I groan as sleep still caked me.

"We are here, please hurry to wake up." He whispered to me.

I nod, already sitting up and rubbing my eyes. Looking out the window I saw the sun slip down the horizon. The driver had parked in front of a very elaborate and beautiful building. This castle looked newer in its design.

"This is the capital. Remember to behave yourself pet." Damian hooked the leash on and we got out of the vehicle.

Instantly a group of powerful-looking vampires exited the building. There were 2 females and 4 males.

"So glad to see you, my King!" One shouted in a hearty voice. As they approached the women kept glancing at me. I made sure I looked weak and scared. That wasn't hard considering the circumstance.

"Vincent, Arlene, Dora, Calvin, Conrad, and Nores am I right?" Damian shook their hands and greeted them individually.

"It's been too long. We must get you to your office. There are some matters to attend to." Nores ushered the group in.

"Oh do slow down Nores... the king has just arrived, and his pet looks..." she paused as she scrutinized me. "...well I think she needs a bath." They all laugh, even Damian.

I didn't understand it but I kept my head down. I didn't smell that bad did I? Some pets had to go weeks without a bath.

"Oh, the thing will live Dora. A bath is too much of a treat. And anyway, our new King must be strict with her. How well does she listen my Lord?" Conrad had joined in as we all moved into an elevator.

"She wasn't easy, but I finally broke her in. She's as docile as they come. Quite enjoyable really. " The door dinged and we got off.

"This way Damian." Arlene was the only one who used Damian's name so far.

"Arlene, show respect." Vincent glared daggers at her.

The vampire seemed unfazed. "Well, Damian is my childhood friend. It's not disrespect, its formality." She smiled and went to walk on the other side of Damian.

"It's ok Vincent. How about your new project, what are you concocting this time."

This made the whole group groan. I understood why when Vincent started talking.

"Well, I was working on electric currents in the human body and discovered that I could enhance certain aspects, or degenerate them. For example, I made this one human a zombie practically!"

Arlene swatted at him. "You're going to kill out our food supply if you keep up with this foolishness. "

"Ah, my dear, I just got the next idea! How to speed up human breeding! Damian, why not let me check your pet out, she could be a perfect candidate."

My face paled, Damian wouldn't ever agree to that, but the thought was still horrible.

"I'd rather not, your little projects aren't something I want to be involved in."

Vincent looked disappointed but let it go. We had been walking for a bit when we came to a big double door. Its embroidery was the most beautiful I had ever seen.

"Your throne room my king," Dora said as she and Conrad opened them.

Damian led me through the throne room, it might have also been used as a giant ballroom too.

Beside his throne were a small decorative pillow and a soft blanket. I assumed was mine.

"Pet, sit." He draped the leash over the chair's arm and sat. I did as I was told, I also did my best to look a little dignified. Like Damian.

"Awe, your pet is sitting like you!" Arlene cooed. The group nodded and it made me blush slightly.

"Pet, tell me, why do you sit like your Master?" Calvin asked. It was the first time he had spoken. I looked at him stunned before I spoke.

"I reflect my Master and how he looks. If I disobey him what does that tell you about him? If I sit as he does it shows his training he has done. I am here to simply serve him." I get done with my little mantra and Dora laughs.

"If only my pet was like that! Oh Damian, where did you find her?!" She goes up and messes with my hair.

"My good friend Nathan. He is a pet shop owner." Damian sounded proud.

"Well, I should go see him sometime. For now, we leave you to your duty. Your office is in back, paperwork is already on the desk."

They left us and after a few moments of sitting in silence, Damian spoke.

"That went well, they pretty much ignored you." He chuckled.

I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding and stared at him. "So that was normal?"

"Very." He stood and led me to the back. The office was nice, it wasn't as big or lavish, it was about the size of our room back home.

"Lots of books." My eyes roamed the wall where shelves of books lined up nice and neat.

"Yes, and I have read them all." Damian sat at the desk and began sorting out a stack of papers. He signed some, while others he ignored.

I went to the long wall of books. Damian had dropped my leash so it trailed behind me.

"They look old." I was more talking to myself but vampire hearing and all.

"Very, some date back to the early 1600s." Damian didn't even look up.

"So what can I do? Just sit here all day?" I walked back to him.

This time he stopped and looked at me. "No, you're going to train. How did the meditating go?"

"I think I did well. I saw my mom in the upper world again." I sat down beside him.

"Anything profound to say?" He went back to his work.

"No, just talked about finding the meadow. And what I need to say." I thought a moment more. "Oh! And that I'm on the right track with my powers."

"Good, this is kinda new for me."

"Yes, and I've known this my whole life." I joke around and fake-punch his leg.

"So unbecoming of a King's pet." The smile in his voice was nice.

"So do you want me to do it again?" I ask.

"Yes, let's see if you can try to go somewhere else."

I nod and settle myself in. Choosing my eyes I listen to everything around me. It wasn't much. Papers ruffling, I heard a fly somewhere and my breathing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1950seavey thanks for commenting and liking my book. It means a lot. I had about an hour of free time so I hope you like it.

And yes, I have started another chapter. So look forward to that. ^.^ love you all!