Ch. 8

Kierra's POV

    He seemed to be in a hurry to get back. It was very confusing as he ran most of the way. Did he have a lot of work to finish?

   They entered the room and he went to set the things down as he unclipped my leash.

   She had started to go to her drawing when she was suddenly grabbed and flung onto the bed. Her heart was racing earlier and now it seemed to double-time it.

   "Do you know why pets are exempt from giving blood?" He walked towards her slowly. She gulped and terror flooded through her.

   "Because you don't like to share?" I smile hesitantly hating the feeling I have in the pit of my stomach. I know what he's going to do. It scared me like no other.

   He grins and it doesn't calm my nerves. I shutter as he gets closer and I scoot back as far as I can.

    "That's true, I don't like sharing things that are mine, but that's not the reason." His voice got deeper and it almost sounded like a growl. My eyes began to tear up. I didn't want him to bite me. I had never been bitten by a vampire before! "Have you ever been bitten?" His eyes seemed to glow with the hunger he had. I shook my head and he swooped me up and settled in behind me. I squeaked and shut my eyes tight.

   "Shhhh, I'll make sure it won't hurt too bad. But you cant squirm and jerk around or it will hurt worse." He breathed against my neck and my senses went haywire. Goosebumps formed everywhere, my mind was a whirlwind of chaos, and tears fell.

   I sniffled and he began kissing my neck. It tickled and sent a chill up my spine. It wasn't a bad chill, but I didn't want it to be a good chill either. He wrapped his arms around me so I couldn't move and I felt 2 sharp teeth sink into my neck. I gasped and tried to move away. He held me tight to him though.

   He moaned as my blood filled his mouth and it made me feel dirty. I didn't like this at all. He kept one hand around me but used his free hand to pull my head back against him. He bit down farther and I let out a small cry. He continued to drink and I could feel my head fog up. I couldn't think right and suddenly it felt good.

   I moaned as he drew out long gulps of blood. Feeling it race through my veins. Then, just like that, it stopped. Damian licked the spot he bit and the wounds closed up.

   He had a trail of blood on the corners of his mouth but he didn't seem to mind. His eyes still glowed but this time it seemed different. He looked better too. His skin seemed to have a shade more color and it looked healthy. It was subtle, but there.

   "You taste amazing." He broke the silence and smirked. I blushed and looked away from him.

   "What? You have a very sweet taste, like.. cherries? Strawberries? No... Rhubarb!" He exclaimed finding the right words.

   I wrinkle my nose. I didn't know what that was but he said it was sweet. Does that mean he is going to drink more of my blood?

   He moves me to the side and gets up off the bed. He stretches and goes to his desk to work some more. Licking the extra blood from his face. I'm left on the bed speechless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Damian's POV

    Her blood filled my mouth and it was better than anything I ever tasted. I didn't even realize when I made her head go back so I could sink my teeth in more. It was so good I let the endorphins from me slip into her. I needed to stop. I would drink her dry if I kept this up. Reluctantly I pulled back and smirked at her.

   She blushed when I told her she tasted amazing and it sent a ping through me. I teased her a bit then got up and stretched. I still had some of her blood on my lips and it had dropped down the sides of my mouth.

    I licked it off as I went to my desk. She was still on the bed a bit stunned. Good. I looked at the charts and several unfinished letters and sighed. I hated going through this. But it was what it was.

   I organized what I knew would be able to go in the letter. Then crumbled up the ones that I wanted to trash. I tossed them in the bin under my desk. Some fell off the side but I didn't pay much attention to it. Instead, with the renewed energy, I had from drinking blood I wrote out my ideas and formatted the work.

   I wasn't as stressed about it as I was before, which I believe is why I was satisfied with my finished product. I reread it one more time and gathered all my papers and data up. I'd have to go back to Carla tomorrow night. After Nathan came to do the paperwork on my pet. I also needed to make sure she got her shots. I'd have to call him and remind him to bring those. She must not have had any since she was a rogue.

    I look back and she's asleep on the bed. Not surprising, shock and blood loss can do that. Normally I wouldn't let my pets sleep on my bed, but she looked peaceful. I could make an exception.

    Calling Nathan I got his voicemail, it was an inconvenience but I left my message anyway. He was probably causing mischief somewhere. A knock came from the door and I wrinkled my nose. Who could want me away this hour?

    I get up and go to answer it. To my dismay it was Sheryl. She was oddly calm and I knew she was up to something. She had on a short black dress that hugged her body. She had on silver heels and a necklace with earrings to match. She looked stunning, too bad she was a selfish gold digger.

   "Damian, Pookie boo, I'm so sorry about earlier. I know it's hard with training new pets and I should have been more considerate." She leans in and I don't budge.

   "Yes, it was quite rude of you to treat my pet like that." I looked down at her and she pouted.

    "What do you say I make it up to you? I can do it just how you like." She winked and I felt my member begin to rise. The only reason I kept her around was that vampires have a high sex drive. She satisfied it while I for her.

   "Mmm, I'm very busy at the moment. Maybe if I had more convincing." I winked and she giggled. It was high pitched and fake. Annoyingly so I still ignored it.

   "Oh please Mr. Bloodstone. I'm just dying to please you." She placed her hands on my chest and smiled up at me. I couldn't help but grin back. Forgetting that Kierra was asleep on the bed I let her in.

   She started attacking my face in kisses and I let her. Unzipping the back of her dress and just when I'm about to rip it off her she freezes.