Ch. 33

Kierra's POV

   I awoke with a start in a cold sweat. I heard the shower going and didn't feel Damian beside me.

    Swinging my legs over the bed I tried to calm my racing heart. I walked the floor and took deep breaths.

    The shower turns off and I go back and sit down. I try to look as calm and cool as I can when Damian comes out scrubbing his hair with a towel.

    He takes a look and immediately I'm on my back with him over me. "Are you ok? You look like you seen a ghost. Your hearts beating a bit fast." He roamed his eyes over me and if I wasn't so startled by my dream I may have laughed at the sight.

   "It was just a dream I had... I need some time to think it over." I lowered my eyes and he didn't say anything. Instead, he got up and rubbed my head.

    I stood too and swatted his hand playfully. Then I go over to take a shower. Maybe the warm water will help me clear my head.

    "When you get done I want to take you somewhere nice. So wear something pretty." Damian calls after me. I wave dismissively at it knowing he most likely will just get something for me to wear anyway.

   I close the door and turn on the shower. Letting the steam build in the room before I step in. I relax into the warm water as it runs all over my back and shoulders. Undoing the knots and pains I had, while melting away the stress.

   The dream had me thinking, however. What was my mother talking about? What did she meN by 'yet'? Damian was the one I loved. I faintly remember some of the lessons she would teach me as a child. Some people come into our lives to show us what we need, while others show us our future and where we are heading. Some may even show us how much we as an individual have grown by being our past. But whatever the reason most people are in our life for a short time. And maybe... Damian may just be here to show me what I needed.

    As I pondered everything my mother said something clicked. "I HAVE A SISTER?!" I hadn't even realized I had yelled until the next moment Damian was behind me.

    "How did you find out? I hadn't even told you about Serina yet." He was getting soaked while wearing his clothes so I shut the water off.

   "Serina is my sister?!" The news honestly shocked me to my core. Then I realized he knew this and didn't tell me. "And you never told me?!"

   I storm out of the shower and hastily dried off. Damian strips his wet clothes and grabs his towel to dry himself again.

   "I was waiting until things settled down. I found out from Sheryl and was on my way out the door to see Vlad. I wanted to tell you as soon as I got back but... we were a bit occupied. So I thought I would tell the both of you tonight." He hung his towel up and I followed him.

    "You still held it from me! A call would have sufficed, the point is I didn't have a family and now I do. I thought she was my cousin, not my sister. You allowing me to believe that hurts. It's still family, but to me, it matters!" I go into the bedroom and get dressed.

    "I'm sorry, I truly am. But please tell me how you found out."

    "My dream..." I pause. How much should I tell him? Might as well go all in. So I did. I told Damian everything that happened in my dream and what my mother had said.

    He sat there and listened. I was surprised he didn't interrupt but then grew worried as his silence continued even after I had finished my dream.

    "Damian?" I reach out but he was gone. My hand dangling in the air wanting to touch the ghost target.

   "Do you believe it..." I look and see him by the open window. He gazes out and his eyes hold a hardness in them.

    "Believe what? Everything my mother said?" I try to clarify.

    "Do you believe that I'm not your mate..." he turns his focus on me and I flinch. His whole demeanor feels off.

   "I don't know what to believe right now. She did say 'yet'. I love and care about you, but maybe I'm supposed to learn from you first. Is that all you took from that whole thing though?" I folded my arms. I didn't like how he chose now to be selective in what he hears.

    "I want you... you're supposed to be mine, and that dream of yours could all be from your subconscious. It may not even have come from your mother." He paced the floor talking more to himself than me.

   "Damian... there is something else I would like to say." I grew nervous watching him act like this but I needed to keep my composure. He turns and I see his features soften slightly.

   "I'm sorry... I'm probably worrying you. It's just... I've grown to love you and to think you may not be mine.." he frowned but stopped pacing.

   "It scares me... I keep getting thrown in different directions and I've finally gotten to a point where I am happy in my life. Now I find out I'm supposed to be a queen soon and I have to find this beautiful meadow place. It's scary to me. I don't even know where to begin to look. My head is spinning from all of this." A tear escapes and I feel Damian's arms wrap around me.

    "Shh love... it's ok, I'll help as much as I can. And even though I dislike the thought of you possibly with another, I do want to see you happy." He kisses my forehead and wipes the tears away.

   "I just don't know where to start." I look up at him and he considers this.

   "First, let's go see your sister. Then, we take it from there." He smiles and strokes my cheek.

   "Yeah, I do want to see her and tell her the news." Some of my fears roll away and I relax a bit more. Damian was going to help me, I had a sister that would be by my side, and I had a friend that was a lycan. I could do this.