Ch. 48

Sheryl's POV

   "Care to explain why I had to do a mini save for her?" I pointed at Kierra who seemed to be dazed. How much blood did I take? Surely not that much.

    "I'm showing her what it is going to be like in the capital. And thank you. They were never going to stop asking for a taste." Damian sighed

   "Yes... I know." I looked at him intently. "You need some help too, you're a bit obvious." I folded my arms and had a deep frown set on my face.

    "I can handle it. But she can't. I'm just going to have to figure out som-" he stops and we turn to the human girl. She had tugged on his arm to get his attention.

   "No, I'm fine, it just happened fast. Please let us continue, I know I can handle this." She pleaded and I rolled my eyes.

   "If she says she can handle it let me take her. When do you leave?" I look at Damian. This vampire who not only is my king but the man I love. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for him. And if helping this human doesn't prove that nothing will.

    "We leave in 45, and I don't think-" he was cut off again, but this time by me.

   "That's plenty of time." I grab the girl and pull her along. We go back towards the rooms and I notice she stays silent. By the time we reach my door, I already know how this will play out.

   I open up and usher her inside. She complies but is tense. I shake my head at how complicated she is being and go plop on the sofa.

    "Um? What do I need to know?" I hear her ask timidly. I smile a bit smugly and get to work.

   I fly across the floor to her and pin her against the wall. She gags and tries desperately to claw my hand away.

   "Did I tell you to fucking talk you walking feed bag? No, so why is it you feel the need to talk?" I squeeze and release her. She drops to the floor in a coughing mess. Humans.

    "I... I thought" she stuttered.

   "What? That you were safe with me? That you could speak freely? News flash, in the capital you would be dead. Don't trust anyone... unless you want to die. Rule 2, I suggest looking small and inadequate. You draw attention. So here, let's fix that." I take her arm and lead her to the restroom.

    Her hair was only a little ruffled. This wouldn't do, I roughed it up some more and tried to make it look natural. Then I looked at her teeth. They had yellow tints but had been cleaned. I found a box of cookies and gave them to her.

   "Eat these and don't brush your teeth... ever." I watched as she ate a few and looked at me for approval. I scoffed. "What? You want me to say good job pet? You do as I say without expecting anything." I glare at her and go back to the couch.

   She just stands there slowly eating the cookies. I groan internally, she is just going through the motions. If she doesn't have any conviction in whatever they are planning then she will get herself and Damian killed. How am I supposed to get that through to her?

    "Pet! Come here." I demanded and she walked over. I shook my head. "Not fast enough." I frowned and she gave me a defiant look.

    "Why do I have to do what you say anyway? I know how to act so Damian won't be in trouble." She crossed her arms and pouted.

   "I didn't realize you knew so much. So please oh wise one, tell me when you arent around Damian what are you going to do? Make him look bad by disobeying another vampire? News flash, you may be his pet but you serve all vampires. Unless your master says otherwise. You are there solely to please him and make him look good in front of others." My sarcastic tone turned cold and heartless. She was so spoiled and it could kill her if she didn't realize the truth.

   "You mean absolutely nothing in this world. You're less than dirt. So stop acting like a high and mighty human and start being the slave they want to see. A mindless drone. A husk of once was." I leaned back and crossed my legs. Truth hurts. But it's still true.

   She teared up after my rant. I sighed and stared at her. After a moment she steadied herself and got a vacant look on her face. She seemed to sink in defeat. Did I get through to her?

   "Yes, miss." She bowed to me and quickly came closer.

    "There we go, do that at the capital and I promise it'll be easier. But... Damian will be and have to treat you like a pet. So remember not to fall out of line or he will have to punish you. Which will not only hurt you but him as well. So don't force him into that position. If you love him you will take my advice." I stood and headed for the door.

   "Yes, miss." A small reply came from behind me. Did I break her? If I did Damian is going to kill me. However... this is what was needed.

    "Follow me." I grab my keys and she is by my side. It's about 10 minutes until she departs so I was quicker than I thought. I lead her back to Damian's room and knock.

   Damian opens the door and I smile a gesture to the girl. "One pet ready to be taken to the capital and fully trained to do your every command."

   He looks her up and down and I see a fire in his eyes. Great, he thinks I beat her. "What exactly did you do." his tone was menacing but I shrugged it off.

   "Told her the truth, Damian. Something you should have done and didn't do." I nudge her to him and he stepped aside for her. "Now she will be safe at the capital, and so will you." With that, I walked away without letting him get another word.