Ch. 47

Damian's POV

    We got back to the room and as I said the maids had packed our things. Since we had time I let Kierra go through what wasn't packed and get a small bag of things. When I noticed she had some of her art supplies I stopped her.

   "I'm sorry, but it's too risky to bring those. Pets are for looks and food. Not for them to have a personality of their own. If anyone found out that you can draw I won't be able to save you." I frown at the thought of not being able to do so for her.

   She looked down in disappointment. "I understand, no fun."

   I roll my eyes at her attempt to sway my decision. "Don't start with that. Put them up." I chuckle as she sighs and dramatically goes to put them back.

   I look through my things and see that everything is as it should be. Kierra had grabbed some toiletries and a learning book. She had been wanting to learn to read and I indulged her with it awhile back. It was another risk but I couldn't take everything from her. I'll just have to be careful and watch out for her.

    "Go on and put it with your things. Place the book with mine though, and be careful when you read it." I watched as she happily did as I said and I questioned why I was bringing her.

    Her safety will be compromised and I would have to treat her like any other pet. Would she even be able to take it? I need to show her exactly what she will go through. My grandfather and father visiting was only a small part of it.

   "Kierra, come here, we need to discuss some things about the trip." I went and sat down on the bed.

   "If this is about how I need to act or about how I will be treated then I'll save you. I'm already aware of what I'm getting into." She sauntered over with a smile still in place.

   "To the full extent? I don't think so. I've been going easy on you and you were not born to be a pet." I take her hands in mine and rub the backs of them. "My family visiting was not the full picture."

   She grimaced at the memory and her eyes stayed down. The smile slowly sliding away.

    After a few moments, she spoke. "Then give me the full picture."

    I nodded, this is what I wanted. What she needed. To be fully prepared. I stood and lifted her chin. "Then believe that none of it is true. And I would never harm you." With that, I led her to the door and grabbed a leash. I clipped it on her and she spoke right before I opened the door.

   "What are you doing?" I turn and grab her throat. It's so tiny and soft, so easily breakable. She gags and struggles to breathe.

   "Pets do not speak. Next time I will rip your throat out with my teeth you blood sack!" I let go and she sputtered in short, quick breaths. I didn't stop to let her regain herself. I opened the door and tugged her out.

   The best way to teach her was to show her first hand what it would be like. There was about an hour left before we needed to leave.

   We headed down the stairs and towards the grand hall. The bar on the other side was filled with vampires and pets. Good.

   "Ah! The king has come to join us before his departure!" One of the patrons cheerily shouted. The rest cheered as I approached.

   "Mmm, and who might this delicious looking morsel be? Your pet we have heard about?" A Male vampire known as Sirius eyed Kierra hungrily.

  It took everything in me not to kill him right there. Looks like I need to face the full picture too.

   "Yes, this is Kierra." I passed a hand over her then dismiss her just as quickly.  "Whose buying drinks?" I grin and they all laugh.

   "Oi! Why not but us a drink you cheapskate!" Someone called. Laughter rang through the room and I joined in.

   "Well, I suppose I have my drink with me then." I pull the leash and Kierra stumbles forward. I grab her waist and press her against me.

   "Ay, a fine-looking drink indeed. Mind if I try a tad taste?" A scruffy older vampire licks his lips as he eyes Kierra up and down. The others nodding their heads.

   "She is the king's pet, not a horses devourer," I state with finality. Most vampires will share their pets with a select few. I was not willing to do that tonight.

    "Why not? Can't I have a taste?" A sweet voice rang out.

   "Sheryl? What are you doing here?" I'm taken aback by her jet black dress that just covers her lower regions, and leaves nothing to the imagination in the chest area.

    "I come here to get drinks silly. So come on, at least let me get a sip." She ran a nail over my chest and smiled sweetly. I glanced and nodded back to Kierra.

    After what we had gone through earlier I was going to trust her. She made her way over and I forced myself to watch.

   Kierra was looking at the floor and didn't waver until Sheryl was right in front of her. Then she started to fidget more.

   "Oh, don't be scared I'll be gentle." She grabbed her chin and forced her head still. Then she leaned down and sank her fangs into her soft neck.

   Kierra yelped but held still. The other patrons started to murmur again and soon it was back to its usual bustle.

   Sheryl finished and licked Kierra's wound to close it. "Yum, thank you, my king." She smiled and slyly hinted that I needed to follow her.

   I did and Kierra stumbled behind me.