Ch. 6

The room was spacious and simple. It was a dark grey color with a light grey couch. The curtains were dark red and it matched the lamp by the big desk and the cushions on the couch. The bed was in the far back in the center of the wall. It was big and had light grey sheets, a dark grey blanket, and red throw pillows.

Overall it was a very well put together room. I walked to the bathroom and looked in. It had a tub and shower, a toilet, and a sink. And it still had room for a cabinet to hold towels and sheets.

"I'm going to be ordering you more food soon. When it comes I want you to answer the door." I hear Damian call from his desk.

I walk back out and nod. "Ok." I go and poke around some more. Finding a broken pencil by the bed I look at it. It had the top part so I could still make marks on a paper if I wanted. I go to the desk and lay it down.

"I found this. I don't know if it's still useful to you though." I keep my eyes down and start to move away.

"No, I don't need it but if you want you can use it." He picks up the pencil and grabs a few empty papers to hand me. I take them looking very confused.

"What do I do with them?" I ask as I take them.

"I don't know, draw something, doodle. Just keep yourself busy." He went back to his papers and I walked over to the little coffee table.

I never tried to draw anything. I always focused on surviving. I wouldn't even know what to draw. I looked around the room and nothing interested me. I sighed and leaned back against the foot of the couch.

Closing my eyes I let my mind wander. Images flowed through me and I saw a woman with long brown hair, chestnut eyes, and a gorgeous smile. She had smudges and dirt on her face but she still had a glow to her.

I opened my eyes and started to recreate the image in my mind. It took a little getting used to with the pencil and working with it. After a few tries tho I figured it out.

I wasn't sure how long I was working but when I got to a point I felt good at there was a knock on the door. I look up and Damian nods to get it. Standing I go open the door and take the tray offered by the slave boy there. I smiled and he stared at me. Then a smile formed and he nodded before walking away.

I go and set the tray on the table and lifted the lid. It's another bowl of soup but it has veggies and beef in it. My mouth watered instantly and I took the spoon and chowed down. My stomach grumbled letting me know it was starving. After I finished the soup my stomach better, but not full. Well, at least the rumble was gone.

Damian stood up and stretched. He walked to the window and opened the curtains a little more than what they were. He tidied up a few areas around the room and went to the bathroom. A few moments later I hear water running in the shower.

I go back to my drawing. It's not much right now, I have a face frame and a somewhat hair outline. I finish up and beat out the hair and face so I can begin working on the details. I begin with the eyes. Their beauty wasn't done justice in my drawing but it was still beautiful. I traced the eyebrows deciding to come back to them later. I struggled with the nose for a bit not exactly sure how to make it.

I heard the shower shut off. It must have been at least 30 minutes he was in there. I continued with my work and finally got a decent nose down. Now I need to make it look good.

Damian exited the bathroom and was still a little wet. He had a towel around his waist and his hair was wet but it looked good. He had another towel in his hand and he started drying his hair, as he did his torso stretched and his abs popped. I couldn't help but start staring at them. They were so perfect, I wanted to feel them.

I tore my eyes off him and back to my drawing. I couldn't quite work on it tho. My mind wandered back to Damian's abs. When I glanced up he was walking towards me. I gulped and stared at my picture. I decided the eyebrows could get filled in so that's what I did.

"That's good." Damian complimented as he stood in front of me. His towel barely staying together. I nodded and tried to find words again.

"Thank you. I just... started drawing. I missed this person and wanted to see her." I confessed. It wasn't a lie and anyway, I didn't think it was that good.

"Who is she? She looks like she's going to be very beautiful." He lifts the paper and studies it.

"It's my mother. She died when I was 6." ...and my family left me not long after.

"My condolences. Is this why you were alone?" He placed it back down and I nodded.

"Well, part of it. My father and older brother left me along with my aunt. I wasn't good at much. My mother always did everything for me so I was useless when she died." I shrugged and let it go.

He pondered me for a moment then cleared his throat. He went into the closet and I heard some things rustling around. He emerged in a simple-looking suit and looked at his watch. He motioned for me to stand and follow him so I did.