Ch. 67

Damien's POV

   When we were at the meeting the council had all their pets with them. Since it wasn't often that it happens like that they wanted to do a celebratory toast so to say. For a good harvest, we had." I grimaced. "Everyone agreed to it, so I couldn't decline. And no one has seen me feed on Kierra before. At least not here. If I didn't do it, suspicions would arise. I did it to protect her." He sighed heavily.

   "So why does she look like she's about to be a ghost..." Luka looks me in the eyes. I know the answer but I don't want to say it. I do anyway.

   "Because... I got carried away and took too much." He broke and pulled his gaze from mine.

   "You'll never be right for her." He says in a low voice.

    "I know.." I replied.

    We stayed like that for awhile. 2 different demons alone to their thoughts. Finally, he broke the silence.

   "I don't know why she didn't tell you who I was. Maybe it was to keep us from fighting or whatever but..." He walked over, holding out his hand. "I'm Luka Morningstar."

    I didn't register the fact at first, but when I did, I had a mix of emotions. Anger, disgust, resentment. Then it changed to something of respect.

   "Nice to meet you Luka Morningstar." I shook his hand with a small smile. "Damian Bloodstone." After we shook I felt some sense of respect from him as well.

   "Look at us. Two different demons from different worlds in love with a witch." I chuckle. He laughs too.

   "Yeah, now the question is, how can we help her and her kingdom?" He started to walk to the door and I followed.

   "We already have." He says. "You are a King with, I'm assuming some allies to help her, and I do have all of hell who like me a lot more than my father." He grins.

   "Because no army is complete without a little hell." He opens the door and I walkthrough.

   "Or a little blood." We grin and laugh. Maybe he wasn't so bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kierra's POV

   I don't remember much after we got back to the room. I know Damian and Luka were arguing about me. Or maybe about my neck, I'm not sure. But I do know Luka carried me to bed. I remember his warm smell. I wish he was here now.

   My dreams started in darkness, but soon I was watching it like a movie. I was in bed with Damian laughing and hugging and kissing. I felt free and happy. He whispered sweet nothings to me and tickled my sides. I would squeal and turn to the other side. Luka greeted me.

   "Hello, Doll." He said in my dream. He kisses me gently and wrapped me up in his embrace. I melted into him. I felt secure with him, happy.

   They both then had their arms around me. I was sandwiched between them. I felt loved but torn. I knew I couldn't have both and it hurt.

   "We will always be here for you love," Damian said.

   "We would rather die than be apart from you." Luka nuzzled me close. My eyes watered and I smiled happily. This was perfect. The two of them by my side.

   Suddenly the bed and the guys slipped away. I started falling into blackness. I cried out for help and reached for a hand that never came.

   "You will be mine little witch." A deep and spine-chilling laugh echoed in the dark.

   "No!" I shake my head and hold back my tears. "I will never be yours!" I shout in the void.

    Another laugh and the scene changes again. This time I was in the meadow and it was on fire. A silhouette of my mother was in the middle of the flames.

   "Mom!" I cried out! She couldn't hear me though. The flames engulfed her and the meadow. Soon nothing remained.

    "No!" I scream and sit up in bed. Sweat poured down my face and tears streamed from my eyes. No one was in the room. That changed though when a gust of wind brought Damian by my side.

   "Kierra?" He said as he held me to him. I grab his shirt tight and try to take him in. He sat on the bed and Luka came running through the door shortly after.

   "Is she ok?!" He ran to the other side of the bed and came up behind me. I turn so half of me could still be by Damian, but the other half was by Luka. I pull him close and he nuzzles into my neck. "It's ok Doll. We're here."

   "That's right love. Nothings going to hurt you." Damian took a hand and kissed it gently. This was like my dream. It felt the same too. I felt the love from both of them, and I had feelings for them as well. My heart was torn in two...

   "Wanna talk about it," Luka asked. His voice was muffled in my neck and it made me smile slightly.

   "Just a bad dream. It's nothing. Promise." I looked at Damian and he watched me carefully.

   "I have to ask you something. It's been bothering me." He said and I nodded.

   "What is it?" I ask.

    "Why didn't you tell me Luka was the prince of hell?" He rubbed his thumb over my hand and I blushed. Luka must have told him.

   "I just didn't want to cause any more fighting than what was already happening. Or going to happen."I look away embarrassed. "I'm sorry I lied."

   "It's fine love." He kissed my forehead and laid down. "Why not get some sleep. Sun's up in an hour." He closed his eyes while still holding my hand in his.

   I feel Luka shift and I grab his hand before he leaves. "Please stay." I look at him pleading. He glances over at Damian who shrugs.

   "Ok Doll." He moves so he can nuzzle into me. I giggle and wrap my arm under his head so he uses me as a pillow. Damian does the same thing and I stroke their hair.

   Luka smiles and falls asleep faster than I would have thought. Damian fights sleep a little to talk with me.

   "Ya know, no matter what, you'll always be a priority to me. I love you, even if we aren't mates." He looks up at me and I smile.

   "I know. I'm just... I don't know what to do." I glance at Luka who is snoring lightly.

   "You have feelings for him. It's ok." Damian says.

   "But I barely know him." I think back on everything I've done with Luka. "Yet... I feel I understand him more than most."

   Damian nods as he yawns. "Follow your instincts." He says as he closes his eyes letting sleep take over him.

   It didn't take long for my eyes to droop and sleep to take hold of me as well. I take a deep breath and sigh happily. I was content with this for now. Until I knew what I wanted I could be happy with both. Darkness took hold and I slept soundly with no dreams.