XXVIII

Savanna S. Jackson//

2 weeks later; November 10th

I pulled my Cartier frames off of my face and placed them into my purse as I walked into the workspace of my special friend who had been acting up lately. I was really here though for a surprise retirement party for Jaylen. She was finally ready to throw the towel in with this job and live out her life with KJ.

"Now Savanna you know you bad for walking in here looking how you looking. These folks already finna die, you gone make they ass have a heart attack. All that ass in that jumpsuit," Lani told me while taking sips of her iced Carmel macchiato from Starbucks.

"Best friend you see her," I asked Lani while looking over at the girl that Marcus had seemed to take an interest in.

"See who," she asked while bringing down her shades with one finger. "Ohhhh, is that the bitchhhhh!?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yhup."

"Oh he want his ass a luh Becky, that's cute. Niggas always run for something crazier than a black woman."

"A Latina," we said in unison before walking over to the front desk for some assistance.

"Hi how can I help you ladies," the small accent rolled off this girls tongue and we just looked at each other before speaking.

"We're here for the retirement party for Jaylen," I spoke.

"And who are you?"

"Family members."

"Last name?"

" Alani Vasquez and Savanna Jackson damn it. All these mu'fuckin questions," Lani snapped and I kind of looked at her like she was dumb because that was unnecessary.

"Excuse me, when you speak to me speak as if you have sense—"

"Ahaha heeyyy Lani," Marcus started to choke up on his words while he eyed me from head to toe, "Hey Savanna."

"Marcus," I said while rolling my eyes.

"Uh....let me take y'all where y'all supposed to go."

"Sure, let's follow the dumb bitch Savanna," Lani said and I kept quiet as we walked to the break room.

"What I do," Marcus asked while grabbing my arm once we made it and I snatched away from him.

"Hey family," I announced once I walked into the room and my dad started eyeing the shit out of me.

"Damn sis, ion like girls but I think I'm going gay," Myla said to me and I started giggling.

"I agree with that one," Lina said while winking at me.

"Well thanks y'all, hey Jackson, Marquee, Dom, Orin, and the rest of y'all," I said while waving.

"The rest of y'all? Damn fuck me huh," Regi asked and I smacked my lips.