XXXIII

Adalina R. Vasquez//

5 days later

5 days later

I sported a Gucci sweatsuit, socks, and slides and I walked through my dad's building. Normally I would just come up here on my own, but for some reason he asked me to come see him, which was sort of weird but whatever. This is on the way to Ahmir's house so I don't even mind.

People were staring and it's probably because of how unprofessional my outfit is but I ain't never been the type to care, especially not when my daddy sends out everybody's direct deposit.

Right about now I just want to go back to sleep, but I can't, once I leave here it'll be Nasir, Ahmir, and I trying to figure out what we're doing for family time. Hopefully it's something that involves staying in the house.

"Hey girl," I told my dad's assistant.

"Hey girl hey, you look so sleepy right now baby. When did you go to bed last night?"

"Like nine-ish, woke up at ten this morning."

"Damn Lina you sleep more than me and I'm pregnant."

"I knowww, I don't know what's been up with me I just ain't feeling it."

"You not depressed again are you?"

"No, no, I'm like perfectly happy I have no reason to be depressed."

"Okay well if things get overwhelming you need to call your therapist. You know that right?"

"Yes mother I do, can you let me in his office now please," I asked while giggling.

"Yhup," she opened the door and I walked in there and saw Dominic, who I hadn't seen in a few weeks, sitting there with my dad talking.

"Well isn't this a lovely surprise," I spoke up and my dad smiled and Dominic turned around to look at me.

"Long time no see, when you coming home?"

"Ehh, don't know I've been enjoying seeing my kid everyday."

"You sure that's the only thing you enjoying?"

"You asked to see me dad," I asked, completely ignoring Dominic's jealous statement.

"Yeah I did, Dominic if you don't mind giving us the room."

"Yeah of course," he got up and stood in front of me and looked down on me. "When you ready to come home, I'll be there," he kissed my forehead then my lips and my coochie started throbbing. "I love you mamas."

"I love you too," I mumbled and he walked out the office.

"Have a seat," my dad told me and I sat down.

"Wassup?"

"What you think about getting married?"

"No."